Thread: WOA Varmint Chamber???

Feedback Score

WOA Varmint Chamber???

Ok, so I understand the .223 Wylde after research, reading, talking, ect. I am curious and trying to find some information on the WOA Varmint chamber. After talking with John, he explained that he had received so many phone calls from customers wanting a “predator” chamber and that the throat was a little tighter and it would shoot any factory ammo and that was basically it.

I have searched and googled and asked to find information on this chamber so I am curious if anyone can explain to me the difference between the Wylde chamber and the Varmint chamber and any benefits between one or the other. Am building an AR with a stiff heavy barrel this time and and the predator barrel is what I was looking at. Appreciate any help.

Feedback Score
    Sounds as though he is using a wild chamber. If you can’t get a straight answer then move on. Personally consider JP. Awesome stainless barrels. The cooling fins make a real difference in a dog town that hasn’t been shot. Keeps the barrel much cooler.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrarieDog View Post
    Sounds as though he is using a wild chamber. If you can’t get a straight answer then move on. Personally consider JP. Awesome stainless barrels. The cooling fins make a real difference in a dog town that hasn’t been shot. Keeps the barrel much cooler.
    They know what they are doing. I have had several of the SPR barrels and they shoot lights out.

I am sure they have tested the chamber and everything will run fine. Compass Lake offers their custom chamber as well and i have never heard bad about it.

I would have no problems ordering anything White Oak puts their name on if it fit my application

Feedback Score
    I think they are talking about a chamber designed by Bill Wylde. I believe all the Rock River 5.56s have his chamber.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I have read good things about the SPR barrel and plan to use one down the road. I also have read about the CLE (?) chamber from Compass Lake who also puts out good stuff. Was just curious if anyone has shot or know of the Varmint chamber they offer. I also believe it’s true a out Rock River using the Varmint chamber on their rifles as well.