Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this carrier key leaking?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Is this carrier key leaking?

The bcg in question is a Young Manufacturing NM bcg, and as you know they dont steak their keys. Neither bolt seems loose. Any thoughts? Thanks
    I'm gonna go ahead and finish my maintenance and clean it up and I'm taking this one back to the range tomorrow for more load development and I'll check for this weird patch of carbon afterwards and watch for signs of function changes. Anyone ever had one leak? I think they use a gasket of some sort.

RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That definitely appears to be a leak.

Let Y/M know and see what they think about it.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Is there some type of sealant applied when assembling the carrier key on the carrier?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There is supposed to be...

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Is there some type of sealant applied when assembling the carrier key on the carrier?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How many rounds are on this bolt? Ive got the M16 NM bcg coming in tomorrow...now Ill have to check for that.
    Besides this issue...thoughts on the bcg thus far?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    If the rifle/carbine you're using it in is functionaing correctly, I wouldn't worry about it. It'll self seal if it hasn't already. You may want to check torque on the screws.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    That definitely appears to be a leak.

Let Y/M know and see what they think about it.
    Yep, already sent them an email and told them I'd call tomorrow. I just wanted to see what yall thought about it.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Smile

Yeah, they re "famous" for not staking the screws but rather using a gasket or sealant instead.
    Straight shooter, that is the bcg you're looking at, full auto N/M BCG, complete. It has close to 800 rounds on it. I want to be honest with you and I'm not trying to bash YM but I feel that the ejector spring in my sample was very weak so I replaced that with one from a guy named David Tubbs (?) and that seemed to help a little and now this, which I agree, it looks like a leak.
    I use it in a 14.5" mid length gun. In all honesty I dont see any difference in this and any of my many BCM units other than it's easier to clean.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Yeah, they re "famous" for not staking the screws but rather using a gasket or sealant instead.
    Straight shooter, that is the bcg you're looking at, full auto N/M BCG, complete. It has close to 800 rounds on it. I want to be honest with you and I'm not trying to bash YM but I feel that the ejector spring in my sample was very weak so I replaced that with one from a guy named David Tubbs (?) and that seemed to help a little and now this, which I agree, it looks like a leak.
    I use it in a 14.5" mid length gun. In all honesty I dont see any difference in this and any of my many BCM units other than it's easier to clean.
    Shoot, man I appreciate the honest answer brother. Itll be a minute before I run mine as Im still gatherin parts as time & money allow.
    MY understanding, and I could well be wrong, is that these are for full size, rifle length gas systems, not shorter ones.
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing the response on the gas leak.
    BTW- before I use mine..itll go under the MOAK.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would have torqued those screws down tight and staked that thing before firing a single shot with it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast