Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Is this carrier key leaking?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interested to see what YM says.
    I have a YM bcg that has a few hundred rounds through it suppressed without any observed problems.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here is the Presidents reply.

Sorry you are having this issue. Try this….. Torque the screws to 56 inch pounds in the event they may be coming loose. If that doesn’t work read our instructions on how we install gas keys. If it was really leaking badly the gun would short stroke and eventually stop cycling. Call me if you have any questions.

Good shooting!

Daniel H Young

President

I dont know, is it just me or is this hilarious? I mean the BCG is about 2 years old, maybe, but it doesnt have that many rounds on it, one of their premier products. Honestly I already knew this would be the reply. Oh, and the attachment talks all about why they dont stake keys, again hilarious.

Young Manufacturing Inc.

5528 N. 51st Ave

Glendale, AZ 85301

623-915-3889 Office

623-915-3746 Fax

www.youngmanufacturing.net

T2

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    nice.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Staking isn't needed, BUT loosening screws are ok. You just need to tighten them and slather threadlocker on them.

Did I summarize that well?

Unbelievable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Here is the Presidents reply.

Sorry you are having this issue. Try this….. Torque the screws to 56 inch pounds in the event they may be coming loose. If that doesn’t work read our instructions on how we install gas keys. If it was really leaking badly the gun would short stroke and eventually stop cycling. Call me if you have any questions.

Good shooting!

Daniel H Young

President

I dont know, is it just me or is this hilarious? I mean the BCG is about 2 years old, maybe, but it doesnt have that many rounds on it, one of their premier products. Honestly I already knew this would be the reply. Oh, and the attachment talks all about why they dont stake keys, again hilarious.

Young Manufacturing Inc.

5528 N. 51st Ave

Glendale, AZ 85301

623-915-3889 Office

623-915-3746 Fax

www.youngmanufacturing.net

T2
    Well, this is a live & learn episode for me. Thats a shit answer.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well I checked the screws with my only inch LB instrument, a Fatwrench (dont know how precise that it) and set at 56/inlb it torqued out on both so they appear tight.
    Hoping to fire it again this weekend and see what happens. Its actually handgun session but I'll take the rifle too and just see. Hell, maybe it was just a weird little carbon deposit. Sure looked like there was pressure behind it but hope springs eternal.
    Is it detrimental to switch a bcg/barrel pair? I dont have just a spare carrier or do I just put a maintenance tag on it until its repaired?
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I saw those- Clint from Black River Tactical has the for $5.95. Either source is good.
    Looking forward to the reply from Youngs, btw.
    From looking at both sites - BRT and FCD - I'm a little confused is that a per screw price or for the four pictured?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From looking at both sites - BRT and FCD - I'm a little confused is that a per screw price or for the four pictured?
    Its for a pair of screws.

Descriptions from both sites:

Quote Originally Posted by BRT STORE View Post
    The pack includes Qty. (2) custom splined alloy steel screws.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCD STORE View Post
    OCKS is sold as a pair (2 screws).
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, I did not see either of those.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I am not an AR mechanic by any means. Before torquing this back together I would check for flatness on the carrier and the base of the key.

Understand this from my mechanical experience. A torch will not ignite the cheap blue Permatex Formagasket. The copper "high temp" certainly won't succumb to the heat. I don't know which gun cleaning chemicals would weaken the silicone.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast