Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P7 M8 & M 13

Feedback Score

HK P7 M8 & M 13

A friend brought an M13 to the range many years ago, and when I tried it I was very impressed with the accuracy for a compact gun, and the whole package in general.

So when these two guns showed up at an auction back in 2014, I had a hard time choosing, then decided to try and get both, since they’re not made anymore and can be hard to find, seems like owners hang on to them. They were both abt $ 1500 apiece.

The M13 was LNIB with most accessories, but only one mag (I guess it originally came with two. It was made in 1998.

Manual

Guarantee was left blank

Test target

Because of the complete package and it’s condition, I don’t shoot it much, probably had 50 rounds through it. I would happily carry it though (if I could carry).

The M8 came without box or papers, just the gun and two mags. It’s the one I shoot regularly. The slim grip with single stack magazine helps, as the cocking lever makes the grip quite long across. It was made in 1986.

And it’s accurate. 25 meters off hand

A period ad. Someone said advertising it as the most expensive handgun in the world was not a good idea.

Feedback Score
    I never cared the way the M13 felt in my hands. I have a friend that has carried one in harms way for 35 years.

I love my PSP, I own more than a few of them. I wish someone would look at doing an updated version of the P7. Poly frame, extended threaded barrel, would work for me. I think the heat issue can be solved with todays technology

I do not own any M8 models, but I think that will change in the near future.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I wish someone would look at doing an updated version of the P7. Poly frame, extended threaded barrel, would work for me. I think the heat issue can be solved with todays technology
    They did, the Walther CCP a similarly sized delayed blowback polymer framed 9mm with a manual safety but without the grip cocking lever or fluted chamber. While the action is functionally similar, the trigger is not great, but it was only $399 at my LGS so I bought it. Plenty accurate thin and light a good shooter, but not a P7 for sure.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have owned P7s for around, good Lord THIRTY years. I only have a single ming P7M8 now because they have gotten too pricey and I worry about parts down the road. Still, my first gun was a P7m13! I bought it used, in a wooden fitted case. I quickly swapped it for an M8 that I had for about 20 years but I sold it when it started to get a little...."tired." Amazing, safe easy to shoot guns. I wish they would make one with a scandium frame.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I wish they would make one with a scandium frame.
    Maybe, one day, someone will do it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I wish someone would look at doing an updated version of the P7. Poly frame, extended threaded barrel, would work for me. I think the heat issue can be solved with todays technology.
    Walther kinda did with their CCP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Walther kinda did with their CCP
    They only used a gas system. I mean squeeze cock clone of the P7, with multiple options on what kind of frame it will have.

Feedback Score
    Been following the CCP over at the Walther Forum, and I'm not sure it is showing me anything that isn't being achieved with a Browning system.
    The notion does seem a good one, tho. The gas retardation should be self-compensating dependent on the intensity of the ammo. Telling tales, I ran some .380s thru' my P7 with no drama.
    I've read that the CCP has a soft recoil for its weight, and have found the P7 pleasant to shoot with standard 9s.
    It does seem like an idea worth pursuing, tho' it feels like Walther kinda did it on the cheap. The H&K is uncommon nicely, and expensively, fit. Ever wonder about that last-ditch Volkspistole that worked on the same principle?
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Since Walther is using the same gas delayed action in a polymer frame I wish HK would of reintroduce the P7 family with a polymer frame to help hold cost down. Frankly I would of preferred that to them introducing the VP-9.

Feedback Score
    What are the current prices for :

P7 PSP ‘surplus’
    P7M8
    P7M13

$1200-1400 for PSPs, more for M8s and over $3k for M13s?

I bet CDNN wishes they found a skid of PSPs that they misplaced in the warehouse...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast