Thread: Primary Arms 1x8 ACSS or Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Primary Arms 1x8 ACSS or Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8

What do recommend? Scope will be mounted on a PA10 18” barrel. Use of optic plinking, hunting and SHTF if needed. I realize this choices are not true battle ready optics but $400 is the most I can spend for the next few years. My current optic is a VXIII 1.5x 5
    Thx Steve
    Last edited by sjc3081; 02-10-20 at 11:04.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    I wouldn’t trust either for a SHTF gun nor would I want to hunt with those. Plinking they should be fine though. I’d give serious consideration to the 6x SWFA scope. You won’t have the variable zoom but you’ll have an incredibly durable scope that tracks accurately and consistently, will RTZ properly, and has a great field of view. I know of guys who hunt past 600 yards with one with no issue and it’s one of my favorite optics and a bargain of a price.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    I wouldn’t trust either for a SHTF gun nor would I want to hunt with those. Plinking they should be fine though. I’d give serious consideration to the 6x SWFA scope. You won’t have the variable zoom but you’ll have an incredibly durable scope that tracks accurately and consistently, will RTZ properly, and has a great field of view. I know of guys who hunt past 600 yards with one with no issue and it’s one of my favorite optics and a bargain of a price.
    Thanks I agree both options are marginal. I have multiple M4s with Aimpoints, but I need to put a optic on this rifle.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go with the ACSS reticle for the chevron aiming point and from researching both it seems to be more user friendly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    What do recommend? Scope will be mounted on a PA10 18” barrel. Use of optic plinking, hunting and SHTF if needed. I realize this choices are not true battle ready optics but $400 is the most I can spend for the next few years. My current optic is a VXIII 1.5x 5
    Thx Steve
    Between those to i would go PA, but wait until the FFP version comes out. They have the 1x6 Raptor FFP and the 1x8 is either out or coming soon. It has better glass some some other internal upgrades for durability.

I would also check out the Swampfox Arrowhead 1x8 on OPtics planet. It is right around $400. Their marketing guy is Mike Branson who used to be at Primary arms and the scopes are getting some solid feedback. it should def be better in every way than the Strike eagle

Ilya from opticstalk has said some good things about these as well. They have a Tomahawk line that is cheaper and more in line with the Strike Eagle performance wise. Their 1x10 might be something to consider as well for a PA10
    Last edited by everready73; 02-11-20 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I would go with the ACSS reticle for the chevron aiming point and from researching both it seems to be more user friendly.
    Agreed. The ACSS is a superior LPVO reticle. FWIW, everyone can get free rings/mount here

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms... ACSS.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.