Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle ready Ar15

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'll stay out of this thread, but will say this -

I almost thought this was another thread started by SouthwestAviator.

I'm referring to this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...63#post2812063

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willoj View Post
    Is there an ar that is out of the box battle ready, minus optic of course. My question pertains mostly to durability.

I don’t want to start a brand war. My question is purely for entertainment purposes.
    What is battle ready? Like a thunderdome sort of battle where 2 ARs enter, one AR leaves?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    What is battle ready? Like a thunderdome sort of battle where 2 ARs enter, one AR leaves?
    If there is any other kinda battle, I would like to know?

To answer the OP's question: you could get a KAC. Or Hodge rifle. Nothing else will work any better than 6mm.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would say most reputable brands are good to go out of the box. But are you not factoring things like slings, grips, lights, etc.? I know you stated you were excluding optics. What about sights? Some rifles come with sights and some do not. So if sights are required, that would narrow it down.

BCM is my first choice.

Feedback Score
    Everyone has already covered the main brands adequately.

I would just add, you could pay more and get a KAC, LMT, DD, etc and get a great rifle, but if I were you, i would get a Colt 6920 or BCM and spend the extra money on ammo, training, mags, sling, optic etc.

Not sure what your budget is, but spending the extra money on good training will probably serve you best.

Feedback Score
    For those who said Colt. Can you even get new ones still? and if you can, are the prices over inflated?

If i were to buy a new rifle like what the OP asked about. I would go FN military collector.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I say no. You usually have to pick your light and sling.. and often a pic rail of some kind.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    For those who said Colt. Can you even get new ones still? and if you can, are the prices over inflated?
    Although there's still much debate about whether Colt has temporarily halted civilian AR sales to focus on contract fulfillment and let existing supply sell off during the current glut, or if it's a "soft" permanent concession to gun control interests, the big ballyhoo that there are no Colts anywhere hasn't held up to simple searches save for a couple weeks after the announcement when folks panic bought.

Clyde Armory, for instance, has had several versions of the 6920 for sale at reasonable prices for some time now, just sitting. Kind of lends merit to Colt's assessment of the current AR market.
    Last edited by Blankstrap; 02-11-20 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    I’m mostly interested in seeing if someone with experience would feel comfortable taking a civilian ar on deployment. If so what brand would you trust your life to out of the box? Not really interested optics, slings, grips, Etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only ARs I own are 6920s for that exact reason.

They work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast