Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Battle ready Ar15

Feedback Score
    I vote for a DDM4V7.

Feedback Score
    Going with Kac. Thanks for the info. I’m also buying several stools for my office.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willoj View Post
    Going with Kac. Thanks for the info. I’m also buying several stools for my office.
    LOL, this never gets old.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I guess FN or Colt since they hold the TDP... but Plenty of great options out there

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AO777 View Post
    I guess FN or Colt since they hold the TDP... but Plenty of great options out there
    FN can't legally sell a TDP rifle to civilians though, Colt can. That's the difference.

Feedback Score
    FN collector series is pretty close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    FN can't legally sell a TDP rifle to civilians though, Colt can. That's the difference.
    FN is not allowed to claim their civilian M4s meet the TDP.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Exactly, with the newer production military collector series being produced in Columbia south Carolina it would be more expensive for them to make a different rifle than the mil spec version. It just doesn't have the proof markings

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do much battle?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Exactly, with the newer production military collector series being produced in Columbia south Carolina it would be more expensive for them to make a different rifle than the mil spec version. It just doesn't have the proof markings

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    My understanding was they are not allowed to use proprietary information from the TDP to produce the rifle. Just not claiming it met the TDP is no protection at all.

I also recall side by side comparisons of internal teardowns that clearly showed the commercial fns were not the military production rifles with different specific fire control items. At best they shared receiver, barrel, and a few other large components.

To me this is like getting a Colt or LMT receiver and maybe even barrel and then just putting a bunch of commercial stuff on it. Maybe an okay rifle, or even exactly what you want. But it's not the same as the military issue rifle. Which is 6920 is, at least until recently.

I did build a complete lightweight upper using nothing but Daniel Defense parts, but only because they didn't sell that configuration anymore. The only thing I couldn't easily get from them was the Delta ring assembly so I used a Colt.

Is this a Daniel Defense upper? I would not sell it as such. And really wouldn't consider the FN commercial rifles to be the same based on what I know. That until someone does side-by-side teardowns that confirms the point.

It's not that hard, and FN knows it's an issue. Colt very clearly it was an issue with some of their heritage lines, I talked with the factory guys about this at one of the NRA convention shows a while back.

Just do a side-by-side list and show what's the same and that the stuff that isn't the same, it's because of specific reasons.

There are bubba's who just want something that looks the same and has the rollmark and this will satisfy them just like the Colt heritage stuff did. But is not the same.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast