Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Outsider" on HBO

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

"The Outsider" on HBO

Anyone else watching? Got the wife hooked on it and we are up to episode 6. Pretty well acted and written. Jason Batemen is doing a good job on this one telling a Steven King book.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We're watching it. It's a good example of science fiction/horror/thriller that is just weird enough to be different and interesting without being goofy.

It kinda reminds me of the tv show Fringe that was on like a decade ago for some reason.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip.. Excellent.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    We're watching it. It's a good example of science fiction/horror/thriller that is just weird enough to be different and interesting without being goofy.

It kinda reminds me of the tv show Fringe that was on like a decade ago for some reason.
    That was a good show, outside of the last season. I wasn't a fan of that.

Feedback Score
    The Outsider was the first Steven King novel i read, and liked it. I've since read IT, and just started Salem's Lot.

I'm excited to see the HBO series The Outsider, as HBO usually does a great job with a good budget. Glad you guys are liking it so far; i'm going to start it tonight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I read the book and thought it was pretty bad. It has links to the Mr. Mercedes books, which were equally awful. I have often wondered if SK has ghost writers writing for him now since the quality of his work has degraded substantially since the end of the Dark Tower series. His latest work, The Institute, was slightly better than his other recent work, but was still terrible compared to his earlier work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Seems kind of like a supernatural true detective, hopefully it doesn’t suffer from the typical Stephen King ending

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Don't confuse this with the terrible tv show "the outsiders" who were a group of hillbilly bikers on fourwheelers terrorizing a small town. That show did suck ass. I tried to read some old steven king stuff and just couldn't get into it. Maybe having someone else's perspective on it will help.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    That was a good show, outside of the last season. I wasn't a fan of that.
    Yeah I remember it fell flat towards the end.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Seems kind of like a supernatural true detective, hopefully it doesn’t suffer from the typical Stephen King ending
    That's what they billed it as, but it's not quite. The first season of "True Detective" was brilliant because it seemed supernatural but was basically non-fiction and the main characters were mysterious but relatable. There's just not enough depth or backstory to the characters in "The Outsider". I'm not really sure what they're trying to achieve, thematically. That said, I do like the show overall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast