Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Outsider" on HBO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    That's what they billed it as, but it's not quite. The first season of "True Detective" was brilliant because it seemed supernatural but was basically non-fiction and the main characters were mysterious but relatable. There's just not enough depth or backstory to the characters in "The Outsider". I'm not really sure what they're trying to achieve, thematically. That said, I do like the show overall.
    Agreed 100%. I made that comment when I was pretty early on in the show. It has not really kept me as hooked as the first few episodes did but I still enjoy it. True Detective (S1) was one of the best things I have ever seen on TV.

Feedback Score
    Stephen King is some kind of genius, but like most geniuses he is crazy. I haven't read any of his stuff since "The Cell," which sucked. With HBO's talent and resources, even some of his crap, if well-executed, could be good. Thanks, I will check this one out next time we have HBO.

"The Stand" was the first book I ever read start to finish as a kid. Fantastic!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just saw a trailer for it and working on getting them. Love Stephen King.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    2 episodes left. About time for the big showdown. Wife says Sam and Dean Winchester need to show up from Supernatural and teach them something about monster hunting.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So how are they going to continue this series?

Feedback Score
    Kind of a lame ending but then again it was a Stephen King story

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Kind of a lame ending but then again it was a Stephen King story
    I had low expectations for the ending. They were mostly met, but not exceeded.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

I would've enjoyed it if they had teased out a bit more of the Q&A with "El Cuco". The last 10 minutes of the finale were completely superfluous. The ending, overall, was like Game of Thrones - huge build up and then trite little resolutions to some, but not nearly enough of the questons. It just felt like a show searching for a purpose and never really finding it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Did it say series finale or season finale? They made it out like there will be another season. If you went further into the credits, Holly has a seeing things episode and she appears to have a scratch or scar on her forarm. Atleast the copper went back to finish the job and not just call it good with a knife and stalactight.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Did it say series finale or season finale? They made it out like there will be another season. If you went further into the credits, Holly has a seeing things episode and she appears to have a scratch or scar on her forarm. Atleast the copper went back to finish the job and not just call it good with a knife and stalactight.
    I'm not sure how the books play out, but they did the same thing with "True Detective". It was a standalone season and not a true "series finale", so it could go either way. This was a big hit for HBO, so there could easily be another season with Holly and a different supporting cast. I did take that "shrug" to indicate that maybe she is one of the "others", but obviously a good one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12