Thread: What to add to new Beretta 1301T

Feedback Score

What to add to new Beretta 1301T

Finally decided to get a shotgun and got a good deal on a Beretta 1301T . Right now , it`s as it came out of the box and still unfired ( lots of rain here the past week or so ) .
    I plan to use it as an HD gun and add as few things as possible initially until I have several schools under my belt and can see what I really need .... not what just looks cool .
    So , my thoughts are : I need a sling , mag extension and ammo holder first ...... any suggestions from you guys that have the experience on these guns ?

I want ( initially ) to spend most of my funds on ammo and training until I get comfortable and see what works for me .
    I still remember way back when I was running dirt track , I blew a ton of money on parts etc that were totally useless once I spent seat time in the car . Amazing how fast you can go with correct targeted purchases and actual on the track seat time .

So far , I have Federal le133 00 12 gauge Flitecontrol to break the gun in on and get initial range time on ...... and that`s it .

BTW , I do have a Weatherby 20 gauge pump that I keep for a snake gun as that`s what my SO can comfortably handle .

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Mag extension, sling, ammo- check.

Get some range time with it before going further- as you indicated.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If it's a gen1 you should get a bolt release shroud.

I'm not a big fan of carrying extra shells on the gun, but if you want that option the velcro ones are what I'd recommend.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of the Aridus Industries adapters for the Magpul Zhukov forend and 590 stock. The 590 stock with its huge rubber butt pad makes a noticeable difference on felt recoil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bolt release shroud if it’s a Gen1. I like the Tau Development Group one that I believe Beretta also sells on its website. If you want to mount a red dot, the Aridus Industries CROM is a much better way to do so than the little piece of rail the gun came with. If you want a Magpul SGA stock, Aridus makes an adapter for it. Get some way to keep spare ammo on the gun. I prefer a piece of industrial strength velcro paired with some of the Vang Comp side saddle cards. You can spend some more and get the Aridus side saddle if you want. Aridus also sells a modified Magpul Zhukov forend that will allow you to mount things using MLok slots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The stock is the most serviceable out of the box on a tactical shotgun. It even comes at a reasonably short LOP. Definitely a want, not a need, to upgrade the stock.

Feedback Score
    I put the bolt release shroud, tube extention, a sling, and a side-saddle (from "Combathunting.___) on mine, nothing else needed fora defensive shotgun.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    Bolt release shroud if it’s a Gen1. I like the Tau Development Group one that I believe Beretta also sells on its website. If you want to mount a red dot, the Aridus Industries CROM is a much better way to do so than the little piece of rail the gun came with. If you want a Magpul SGA stock, Aridus makes an adapter for it. Get some way to keep spare ammo on the gun. I prefer a piece of industrial strength velcro paired with some of the Vang Comp side saddle cards. You can spend some more and get the Aridus side saddle if you want. Aridus also sells a modified Magpul Zhukov forend that will allow you to mount things using MLok slots.
    The Aridus Q-DC is a big step up from the Velcro shotgun cards IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Been out of pocket for a while ... thanks for the help . Have the Nordic mag extension on it now and waiting for the sling and dummy rounds to show up .
    BTW , it`s a Gen2 1301T .

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sling and mag extension first. Then I’d put a light instead of a spare shell holder.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain