Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Barrel Accuracy Testing?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    Why anyone would shoot M193 from a gun they want accuracy out of is beyond me.
    You’re talking about establishing a baseline at 50m with the most commonly available ammo, not trying to get the tightest groups possible at 200m. Really not that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Rails, triggers, and mounts...that is about all I trust from Geissele nowadays.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    There was some talk on Instagram that someone got a 5-12" group at 100 yards with theirs.
    Truth is a 5-12" group isn't a group.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Facts.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Also would to see someone, anyone, else shoot the gun and ammo to see if it repeats.

“Someone on IG” has basically become “my uncle’s buddy’s friend”.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong, with Geissele's massive expansion into full weapons, mounts, barrels, optics, and coffee there are likely to be issues that crop up.

But considering they haven't sold out to Freedom Group, I think they will continue to put out quality products in nearly everything they decide to make (or have made for them). The Black Friday $hit show and subsequent delivery / order issues are obviously a black eye to them, but any successful and popular company is going to have enemies who want to make them look bad. Everyone puts out a lemon from time to time and the critical issue about legitimate ones is how they are dealt with.

Many gun buyers aren't shooters and can't hit much past a pie plate beyond 100 yards. They shoot crappy ammo, with improperly mounted crappy optics, through guns of varying quality. Some have great stuff and just don't know how to shoot properly. And every possible combination in between from moronic mouth-breather to quiet professional gunslinger, there is a bell curve with many over stating how good they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would be very skeptical about initial reports of bad accuracy.

Unless something is just really wrong, it's hard to quickly assess the accuracy of a barrel because most of the stuff that affects the accuracy and/or precision really don't have anything to do with the barrel and it takes some time to completely eliminate everything but the barrel.

My last accuracy problem ended up being an MLOK screw contacting the gas block, but only when the bipod was loaded just right. Coulda swore that whole upper was junk for a couple of weeks...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Until we have a known commodity offer hard data to the contrary, I'll continue to believe that Bill Geissele and his crew are producing high quality stuff that's doing what it's supposed to.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    Why anyone would shoot M193 from a gun they want accuracy out of is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You’re talking about establishing a baseline at 50m with the most commonly available ammo, not trying to get the tightest groups possible at 200m. Really not that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I kinda like to know what my guns will do with a wide variety of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Until we have a known commodity offer hard data to the contrary, I'll continue to believe that Bill Geissele and his crew are producing high quality stuff that's doing what it's supposed to.
    This is their first foray into complete rifles, and uppers with their own barrels. It wouldn't surprise me that a few slipped through QC considering they chose to release them during Black Friday and what a nightmare that's been for them.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m excited to see where Geissele goes as a manufacturer. They’re using some of the same OEM’s as Colt for basic parts, they’ve got some proprietary stuff, and they are generally high quality with a willingness to have a regular massively discounted sale.

I hope they become a powerhouse in AR’s and other military weapons systems looking forward for decades, while still maintaining their relationship with the civilian customer base.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast