Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Barrel Accuracy Testing?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Geissele Barrel Accuracy Testing?

Has anyone done any accuracy testing on the Geissele nitrided or chrome lined barrels? (Geissele barrels, not DD barrels in Geissele uppers).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There was some talk on Instagram that someone got a 5-12" group at 100 yards with theirs. I saw the photos, I am trying to track them down. Hard to separate the truth from made up internet BS though, and Bill has a ton of people on forums that dislike him (I am not one of them, I have tons of G products.). I'll keep digging for info
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you have Instagram check out a citizen Arms. They got their hands on one or two and the groups were stellar. I can post a direct link since I don’t do IG.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A few good reports in their industry forum on TOS.

Feedback Score
    Seeing around MOA on TOS. For what it is worth Bill G commented on one of the threads and said they were getting moa ish on both the nitride and chf with mk262 ammo. He said the stainless limited edition ones they did might have more accuracy potential than most if hand loaded.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on a super duty rifle during their black Friday sale. At this point I am glad I didn't. They really overextended themselves and things are turning into a shit show. People that did get stuff are reporting lots of QC issues. At this point I am holding off and may consider one after all the shit settles

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There was a guy that posted photos in the Geissele FB group and he was getting 4" groups at 50 yards with XM193. He didn't come across as a troll.

At best they have some consistency problems it sounds like. Glad I just ordered triggers and charging handles.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    There was a guy that posted photos in the Geissele FB group and he was getting 4" groups at 50 yards with XM193. He didn't come across as a troll.

At best they have some consistency problems it sounds like. Glad I just ordered triggers and charging handles.
    There’s a reason there’s an X in from of the M193. Its Ammo that didn’t meet spec.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    There’s a reason there’s an X in from of the M193. Its Ammo that didn’t meet spec.
    I've never heard of it being out of spec, but rather a commercial loading. Same ammo was producing 1.5-2" groups at the same distance for him with other guns/uppers. I've shot a lot of XM193 and have never seen groups that large from a bench with it.

Feedback Score
    Why anyone would shoot M193 from a gun they want accuracy out of is beyond me.

Feedback Score
    Noobs making noob mistakes lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast