Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What length do you keep your collapsible stocks set at?

Feedback Score
    My work rifle one notch out, vest, plates etc. Fixed sights extended nose to charging handle, others depending optics installed. Over 6ft old n fat. 😒
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    All my collapsible stock ARs have the old style CAR stocks on them currently, and I generally leave them at one notch in from fully extended.
    I also use A1 length fixed stocks on a few guns, and like that length as well, but while a carbine stock fully extended is closer in length to an A1, For some reason I don’t like a fully extended telestock, although I think it may have more to do with where my cheek ends up relative to a fully extended stock and receiver extension than the actual length in that case.
    1 click out because ACOG. Felt weird at first because I'm 6'2", but im used to it now. I even run my stuff with red dots the same way.

Feedback Score
    The comfort zone I find for me is 1 notch out or none. Running suppressed SBR's and ACOGs. I feel that the shorter configuration handles better in a majority of situations and that one's choice of optic or sight type highly relent to this thread.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    None or two notches out depending on what I’m doing. Further out when prone.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    1-2 out from collapsed, depending on if it's standard RE or an A5. I just mark them with a paint pen and forget it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine depend on the buffer tube, if it has a folder, and what kind of stock or brace is on it. I run all my AR's nose to charging handle. I then mark the tube on the individual weapon so I know exactly where it needs to be without fiddling with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    9” for me with BCM gunfighter stock and LAW folding adapter (which equates to 2 clicks on my 6 position tube).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I will say I've noticed that over the years I've grown to prefer shorter and shorter LOPs. The old dogma of "you'll shoot better with the all the way out" was tough to shake I guess, and for the longest time I ran only one notch in.

Lately, I seem to be more the one-notch-from-collapsed type. If running LAW folder, I may leave it all the way in. I measured the other day for a project: from the face of the trigger I like around 300-310mm, right around one foot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345