Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What length do you keep your collapsible stocks set at?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm 5'6". I run my Sionics 4 position buffer with Magpul SL at two clicks out from fully collapsed, or two clicks in from fully extended, same thing.

One click out from fully collapsed feels a little better and more compact but two clicks out gives me a more solid feel that snaps to a cheek weld better like a shotgun and the sights fall exactly where they're supposed to with consistent repeatability.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Generally all the way out with carbine RE or one hole from all the way out with A5 RE. I've never done NTTCH, and with optics it doesn't matter to me. I shoot enough fixed stock that I must just be used to having it that far out. I'm 5'10"/70"/178cm/Me High.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I don't do NTCH either. Too "scrunched up" feeling.

That said, I insist on BUIS on all my flattops. An ACOG, even seated in the last available slot in front of the rear BUIS, makes me feel "scrunched up" to get proper eye relief. That 9.5" I measure leaves me needing to crane my neck forward just a tad to get that eye relief.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I ran an A2 in the Army and shoot a lot of precision rifle. I keep my UBR 3 clicks in from full extension I’m 5’10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Fully extended without armor, one notch in with.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Depends on eyebox of optic I'm running if applicable, otherwise I've always shot "nose damned near touching CH" as was instructed looong ago.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mostly fully-extended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt OEM fully extended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whatever combo of notch + brand of stock is closest to A1 length. Paint marker the tube at that point and leave it except when needed for tree stand hunting with heavy clothes and move it in as needed.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-12-20 at 07:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All my collapsible stock ARs have the old style CAR stocks on them currently, and I generally leave them at one notch in from fully extended.
    I also use A1 length fixed stocks on a few guns, and like that length as well, but while a carbine stock fully extended is closer in length to an A1, For some reason I don’t like a fully extended telestock, although I think it may have more to do with where my cheek ends up relative to a fully extended stock and receiver extension than the actual length in that case.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast