Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What length do you keep your collapsible stocks set at?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    3 clicks out from the receiver, regardless of stock type or extension. I’m 6’4”.
    THIS. I'm 6' 0", but "tactically-padded."
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On my SCARs, I use them with the #3 showing, or on the ACR-style stock, with three empty slots. If I'm shooting the 17S prone for a while, I tend to extend its stock out to 4 for a slightly more comfortable LOP.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    It depends on the stock but, whatever's long enough to allow me to stabilize the rifle in my elbow joint one handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm 6'5" and slim/lean build so all the way out for me. Which really feels handy to me since my arms are rather long.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have seven position A5 receiver extensions on all my rifles and run all my stocks in the #5 position. I'm 5'10" for reference. If I'm shooting prone I'll move the stock out to the #6 position. None of the Instructors I've taken classes from ever advocated running the stock collapsed or NTCH. I even saw Pat Mac correct a couple students' troubles by simply extending their stocks a few notches.

ETA: Several people have mentioned adjusting their LOP, at least in part, around their optic's eye relief. I set my LOP first, then position my optic for proper eye relief second. Measuring from the rear of the CH to the rear of the stock as the OP specified, the LOP for me works out to about 10 3/4". That way when I bring the rifle up to fire everything is where it needs to be. With the exception of ACOGs, which I don't particularly care for, there is no reason to set your LOP based on your optic's eye relief. If you put your optic on first in a random position with no rhyme or reason, and then adjust your LOP around the optic you're doing it ass-backward IMO because you end up adjusting yourself to the rifle rather than adjusting the rifle to you.
    Last edited by SteveL; 02-12-20 at 11:28.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    If I run the stock collapsed or even an A1 , my nose will be halfway down the upper receiver. All the way out I don't have to struggle for NTCH
    I'm trying to find a place within peace. And if not, let us fill it with mayhem.
    -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Depends on the rifle, but whatever LOP allows me to achieve natural point of aim with the particular rifle. Some variables like eye relief, handguard length, and stock style effect this.

I'm not really set in stone one way or another, but generally find myself with the stock nearly fully extended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    "One hole out" or "Two holes out" can easily be different between a Colt waffle/CTR/B5 etc.
    Kind of like calling for optic adjustments by clicks rather than by mil/moa.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've never measured it, but generally, I run fully extended or one position in. I'm 6'2" with long limbs, so that usually works best for me.

Feedback Score
    Always extended. Been carrying a full size rifle for so long. I am used to the long length of pull. I may extend the stock a notch or 2 when the temps are 20 or below.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast