Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My AR pistol Evolve thread

Feedback Score

My AR pistol Evolve thread

Ruger 10.5"

Just added a Sig Romeo5 X red dot & Streamlight Protac HL-X 1000 lumen light

picture to url

Red dot with battery & mount weighs 5.6oz
    Light weighs 6.4oz

next items

magpul sling
    bcm fde bcg
    bcm gas block & tube
    maid grip
    Si alum hand stop
    fostech echo 2 trigger
    30 cal can (more of a wish item)

what would you suggest?

Thanks
    HH

Feedback Score
    I would say a mount that doesn't have the light sticking so far out off the gun.

I'm cheap, and I use low mount scope rings on sections of pic rail, and they always hug the rail good and close.

ETA.: Arisaka makes some good mounts if yer fancy.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I’d substitute VTAC or BFG sling for Magpul.

And question replacing gas block/tube if gun functions now.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms, as well as the major Food Groups.

Feedback Score
    That’s looking good, I’m also looking at the Sig Romeo 5 for my pistol.

Feedback Score
    BUIS too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I would say a mount that doesn't have the light sticking so far out off the gun.

I'm cheap, and I use low mount scope rings on sections of pic rail, and they always hug the rail good and close.

ETA.: Arisaka makes some good mounts if yer fancy.
    So I think I'm going to keep it the way it is due to how hot the barrel & gas block gets during firing (535 degrees after 5 30rd mags!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMI7wAfdLg
    Also where it is theres no light splash on the muzzle device.

why would I want it closer?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    BUIS too.
    I know I should but I cant stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    How is that Ruger working out for ya? Seems like a decent price point, but was curious as to the quality. ??
    Trigger is heavy & feels gritty. The bolt is very tight in the carrier & in the feed ramps. The barrel rifling is not very pronouced. Finish is ok. I still think its a deal at this price (578) & am happy with it...as long as it eats ammo like a fat kid eats cake.

I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as the temps get above freezing.

Feedback Score
    How is that Ruger working out for ya? Seems like a decent price point, but was curious as to the quality. ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    Trigger is heavy & feels gritty. The bolt is very tight in the carrier & in the feed ramps. The barrel rifling is not very pronouced. Finish is ok. I still think its a deal at this price (578) & am happy with it...as long as it eats ammo like a fat kid eats cake.

I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as the temps get above freezing.
    Thanks. Seems like a decent beginning. Get in cheap, do a few upgrades as time goes by. ??
    Do you think a replacement BCG would make it run smoother? Would a drop in trigger work, or is Ruger a proprietary lower?

Feedback Score
    Supposed to have the same “ultra precision barrel” the 18” MPR rifle has, according to the specs and that rifle is said to have 5R rifling??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Thanks. Seems like a decent beginning. Get in cheap, do a few upgrades as time goes by. ??
    Do you think a replacement BCG would make it run smoother? Would a drop in trigger work, or is Ruger a proprietary lower?
    I'll run it & change out items as issues arrise. Yes a drop in trigger will work. I want to pick up a fostech echo 2 trigger before the nancy's pull it from the shelves. Maybe next week...

Check out the deal I just landed on ammo, 1100rds of Tula for $207 shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang01 View Post
    Supposed to have the same “ultra precision barrel” the 18” MPR rifle has, according to the specs and that rifle is said to have 5R rifling??
    Cool, thanks. That makes me feel better.

heres a link to what 5R rifling is: https://www.sniperforums.com/forum/r...-opinions.html

So I decided to strip the pistol down and paint it. The challenge was I didnt have the special tools but I managed using a kitchen toolkit & my computer desk. Minimal blood & only 2 detents went flying. ha!
    Hung them off the shower rod using 550 cord.

assembled; paint is still soft. The directions say ok to handle after an hour & to give it 24hrs to fully cure. This is 3 coats.

I picked up a Magpul MOE + Grip & their M-Loc QD mount yesterday at Cabelas. I wanted the K2 + grip but they only had it in FDE.

I was surprised to find the factory grip screw loose. So be sure to check that if you buy one of these.

Midways running free shipping so I picked up a Magpul sling I think its the MS4. Their shipping time is 9 days, yikes.

And since they were sold out of the SI curved handstop I went to cheaperthandirt and picked it up & a few pmags, they had a $15 off deal going so that covered tax, shipping & I think I still saved $6 bucks so that works.

So yea, just the Echo 2 trigger & a Can left for this build. Maybe a bolt too...we'll see

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast