Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: My AR pistol Evolve thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    BUIS too.
    I know I should but I cant stand them.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alaska / Idaho
    Posts
    319
    Feedback Score
    0
    How is that Ruger working out for ya? Seems like a decent price point, but was curious as to the quality. ??

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    How is that Ruger working out for ya? Seems like a decent price point, but was curious as to the quality. ??
    Trigger is heavy & feels gritty. The bolt is very tight in the carrier & in the feed ramps. The barrel rifling is not very pronouced. Finish is ok. I still think its a deal at this price (578) & am happy with it...as long as it eats ammo like a fat kid eats cake.

    I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as the temps get above freezing.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alaska / Idaho
    Posts
    319
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    Trigger is heavy & feels gritty. The bolt is very tight in the carrier & in the feed ramps. The barrel rifling is not very pronouced. Finish is ok. I still think its a deal at this price (578) & am happy with it...as long as it eats ammo like a fat kid eats cake.

    I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as the temps get above freezing.
    Thanks. Seems like a decent beginning. Get in cheap, do a few upgrades as time goes by. ??
    Do you think a replacement BCG would make it run smoother? Would a drop in trigger work, or is Ruger a proprietary lower?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Supposed to have the same “ultra precision barrel” the 18” MPR rifle has, according to the specs and that rifle is said to have 5R rifling??

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Thanks. Seems like a decent beginning. Get in cheap, do a few upgrades as time goes by. ??
    Do you think a replacement BCG would make it run smoother? Would a drop in trigger work, or is Ruger a proprietary lower?
    I'll run it & change out items as issues arrise. Yes a drop in trigger will work. I want to pick up a fostech echo 2 trigger before the nancy's pull it from the shelves. Maybe next week...

    Check out the deal I just landed on ammo, 1100rds of Tula for $207 shipped!

    Last edited by Holyhitman; 02-14-20 at 23:28.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang01 View Post
    Supposed to have the same “ultra precision barrel” the 18” MPR rifle has, according to the specs and that rifle is said to have 5R rifling??
    Cool, thanks. That makes me feel better.

    heres a link to what 5R rifling is: https://www.sniperforums.com/forum/r...-opinions.html
    Last edited by Holyhitman; 02-15-20 at 21:24.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    So I decided to strip the pistol down and paint it. The challenge was I didnt have the special tools but I managed using a kitchen toolkit & my computer desk. Minimal blood & only 2 detents went flying. ha!
    Hung them off the shower rod using 550 cord.









    Last edited by Holyhitman; 02-15-20 at 21:06.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    assembled; paint is still soft. The directions say ok to handle after an hour & to give it 24hrs to fully cure. This is 3 coats.








  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    I picked up a Magpul MOE + Grip & their M-Loc QD mount yesterday at Cabelas. I wanted the K2 + grip but they only had it in FDE.

    I was surprised to find the factory grip screw loose. So be sure to check that if you buy one of these.

    Midways running free shipping so I picked up a Magpul sling I think its the MS4. Their shipping time is 9 days, yikes.

    And since they were sold out of the SI curved handstop I went to cheaperthandirt and picked it up & a few pmags, they had a $15 off deal going so that covered tax, shipping & I think I still saved $6 bucks so that works.

    So yea, just the Echo 2 trigger & a Can left for this build. Maybe a bolt too...we'll see
    Last edited by Holyhitman; 02-16-20 at 10:13.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •