Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any collector value to old Glocks?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    early owners manual packets and docs
    earliest G17/G19s
    limited editions, certain unit/agency guns, VIP and employee limiteds
    other uncatalogued items
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The only thing I’ve ever seen come for sale recently that went for stupid money was one of 30ish ever made Gen 1 G19s.

Other than that a used Glock is three bills.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't understand half the things people collect but that's not my problem. Saw one on GB going for over $500
    I'll trump that one! This guy is local to me. It appears he thinks that they are "special". Just thought I would through this in here.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856962459

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting, what's considered old? I have 3 9mm model 17s, that are three digit serial numbers. Picked em up in 85. Still shoot fine.

DW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Interesting, what's considered old? I have 3 9mm model 17s, that are three digit serial numbers. Picked em up in 85. Still shoot fine.

DW
    IDK? Probably the first 5 or so years.

Why wouldn't it still shoot fine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Have gen2 19 with Austrian proofs and a early gen1 17 with Tupperware box and paperwork...

Are they just typical Glocks or is there more value to them then just a used Glock?

The Gen1 might actually be collectable. The Gen2 is just an old gun.

I'm a Gen2 fan — I don't like the finger grooves.

I can find nice safe queens (some never fired) on GB for <$400 all the time. They're cheaper than the newer guns, so I buy them instead of grinding the grooves off of Gen3 or Gen4 guns.

Feedback Score
    I'm sitting on two un-fired Gen 3 RTF2's with gills. One a G22 and the other a G23. Bought them back in the day just when Glock stopped manufacturing them. They haven't really moved up in value. Maybe in 20 years who knows.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My buddy owns a gun shop in Easton, PA.
    Says he is selling Gen 2 17s to MD for over $500.00 because they are not on their ban list.
    I collect Glocks and like to have certain groups of them but I still don’t like to pay high prices for them and I don’t expect them to have extra value either. I just picked up a Gen2 17 for $425.00. Personally I think it’s neat to have all 5 generations of Glock 17s but I know I don’t have a gold mine. I would however, jump at the chance to own a Gen1 19!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Very mild "collectable" value in Gen 1 17s. Not enough that they've kept up with inflation.
    It would turn out to be a bad investment R.O.I. wise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My buddy owns a gun shop in Easton, PA.
    Says he is selling Gen 2 17s to MD for over $500.00 because they are not on their ban list.
    I collect Glocks and like to have certain groups of them but I still don’t like to pay high prices for them and I don’t expect them to have extra value either. I just picked up a Gen2 17 for $425.00. Personally I think it’s neat to have all 5 generations of Glock 17s but I know I don’t have a gold mine. I would however, jump at the chance to own a Gen1 19!
    That may be why I saw one for over $500 on GB. Didn't think of the ban states

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast