Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rifles For Duty Use SOLGW vs. Sig M400 vs. Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would like to try an SOLGW but I think I’ve lost my patience. They never have the 13” rails in stock. Then they get the rails in stock for like a week while the 14.5” barrels are out of stock. The barrels come back and the rails are gone already.

It’s probably one of the most common combos and I’ve been checking for at least a couple months now to have both in stock at the same time. Poor logistics.

Feedback Score
    As a taxpayer the department should have the best rifle for what it needs to use a rifle for. Not what I wish I had, like how the federal government works. How many rounds a year are fired by each officer in the rifle they carry? How long does one think the rifle will last based on the usage. Can the officer hit the target. All the gun in the world is useless if the shooter can't hit. Do you really need a rifle or will a SBR fit the needs of a patrol offer better? Just some of my thought. Then like so experienced people have said get very specific in your bid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I would like to try an SOLGW but I think I’ve lost my patience. They never have the 13” rails in stock. Then they get the rails in stock for like a week while the 14.5” barrels are out of stock. The barrels come back and the rails are gone already.

It’s probably one of the most common combos and I’ve been checking for at least a couple months now to have both in stock at the same time. Poor logistics.
    That wont be a problem in the next few weeks. It wont be a problem again after that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    When I was with my former department they replaced our LES M-16s with the M400.

We got 40 of them and I was one of a handful of officers that was tasked with zeroing all of them (irons and Aimpoint). Of the 40 we had I put rounds through probably 8-10 of them not counting the one assigned to me. Every one I fired was over-gassed/had lots of gas to face. Triggers were bad even for a GI type trigger; very gritty, rough, and heavy.

Once they were zeroed and guys started using them in patrol rifle schools we had multiple rifles that blew out gas rings in fewer than 500 rounds (XM193) through the gun. Sig sent brand new BCGs to swap in all of them. I did not experience the gas ring issues with the original BCG in mine, and never had any functional issues, but I was not a fan of the gun. SOLGW would be the way.

Feedback Score
    I don’t own a SOLGW but based upon the response your getting here I’d have them at the top of my list. I love Aero but your not going to get that kinda service if your only buying rifles in the hundreds Im sure. And Sig.. please. I’d really consider the long term service. We run guns that are 15 years old and have no relationship with the big name manufacture thats only miles away from our agency. it’s a good investment for the agency when you know you can count on your equipment being taken care of by the manufacturer forever. Also it seems like SOLGW could do you right on SBR’s. I feel like a 12.5 gun should be the new patrol rifle standard. I’d be pushing for that hard if I was specking out the new guns, especially if your rigs have gun racks inside.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't think a big warranty is needed with an AR.

An armorer/s and a parts supplier is plenty to keep quality working long term.

Feedback Score
    But from a command perspective it’s a plus knowing there’s support behind a big budget purchase.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    That wont be a problem in the next few weeks. It wont be a problem again after that.

Sweet. I can wait that long then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    Tell the local shop to bid our rifles ;-)

I appreciate you throwing our hat in the ring.
    If there's anything I can do to help definitely let me know... and I mean even flying out to talk to the guys.
    We've had some pushback at various agencies for the same reasons...being a smaller company... but once they meet us and understand what we do it usually works out.
    Being a smaller company is actually a benefit to the agency.
    I'm down to help however I can.

I sent you an email through the forum software. I would like to discuss our department rifle situation with you. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrange View Post
    I sent you an email through the forum software. I would like to discuss our department rifle situation with you. Thanks
    Shoot me an email to my private email. I did not receive the other one.

Michael@cjarmory.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast