Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rifles For Duty Use SOLGW vs. Sig M400 vs. Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will hit you up as soon as I get back to a computer.

Feedback Score
    I know it's not one of the 3 you are requesting by why not go with old faithful colt 6920. LE pricing is around 6-700 bucks last time I checked and they will last forever

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sionics. Have a good friend in LE and he was looking for his own duty AR and he's not super knowledgeable about them. Let him fondle mine and he was sold. Now he's got others asking about it. Nothing against SOLGW, I just own and shoot a Sionics.

Feedback Score
    I know it's all the rage to sh*t all over Sig, but I've had very good results with their rifles. I have a 16" 516, a 7.5" 516 upper, and had a 716 (sold it because I didn't use it enough to justify keeping) and they've all run great. Between the two rifles and upper, I've got like 7500 rounds through.

Of course, none of them are Sig's DI system... but I would trust one of the M400s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Same here. I have five (5) Sig 516s and one Sig MCX Virtus. All are great rifles. They shoot great and no malfunctions so far from any of them. They appear to be of high quality and I am very pleased with them so far. I think Sig definitely gets a bad rap with respect to their rifles.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigez1 View Post
    My agency is looking to start replacing our patrol rifles with better quality rifles. We have been buying RRA rifles for the last 10-12 years. About six months ago I made a proposal to change rifles due to the numerous issues we have had with RRA over the years. My background is I have been in law enforcement 10 years and have been in the training community for almost 15 years. My personal rifles have all been KAC and BCM as far as serious use rifles go. I have been using my BCM RECCE for duty for the last 5 years. I was asked to do some research and give my opinion on what rifle to buy. I recommended SOLGW due to their reputation for for building quality rifles, generous LE pricing, and duty replacement program.

The training LT. decided to push for the Sig M400. His experience with it is shooting it for a couple hours with a Sig rep. I have no experience with Sig rifles. The local gun shop the agency does business with is pushing for Aero Precision since they are a dealer. I have some experience with Aero rifles and they have been solid guns but have never seen them in a class. We have a T&E gun from all three manufactures coming for testing. I'm looking for opinions on any of the three rifles companies from people with experience with them. Just trying to make sure we don't make another mistake in purchasing new rifles, thanks.
    Of your three options SOLGW would be #1.

SIG M400s are ok but SIGs QC is inconsistent.

Aero’s receivers and barrels are good but assembly and small parts which they don’t make themselves are problematic,

I would also look at Sionics and BCM. They are on par with SOLGW. All three have multiple state and local LE contracts but BCM also has a large contract with USBP uppers.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Same here. I have five (5) Sig 516s and one Sig MCX Virtus. All are great rifles. They shoot great and no malfunctions so far from any of them. They appear to be of high quality and I am very pleased with them so far. I think Sig definitely gets a bad rap with respect to their rifles.
    The 516 is a better rifle than the M400.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-05-20 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will say that I have managed to eat up the gas rings on a RRA BCG in under 300rds. They don't like heat I guess. Anyway, I have used only Aero guns for the last few years for heavy range use and hunting, and have never had one not work for any reason but bad ammo or mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 516 is a better rifle than the M400.
    This could be. I have no real experience with the M400, only the 516 (which as I stated above is one he@l of a rifle).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    I know it's all the rage to sh*t all over Sig, but I've had very good results with their rifles. I have a 16" 516, a 7.5" 516 upper, and had a 716 (sold it because I didn't use it enough to justify keeping) and they've all run great. Between the two rifles and upper, I've got like 7500 rounds through.

Of course, none of them are Sig's DI system... but I would trust one of the M400s.
    I had a 516.
    Seemed very well made.
    I could shoot tighter groups with my VP9.
    Tried it with irons, 1-4 Vortex with 2 different mounts.
    Sent scope back to verify it was good.
    Came back with no issues found.
    Had several other try it with the same horrible results.
    Traded it on a DD.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast