Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifles For Duty Use SOLGW vs. Sig M400 vs. Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    If there's any mechanical or tech questions feel free to ask them here or call me direct.

We're also happy to submit a list of the agencies currently using our rifles and I'm totally comfortable with you contacting their firearms guys to ask what their experience has been.

Our end user support is truly second to none. Explain to the Lt that our warranty is forever... your agency will spend zero dollars on maintenance for the entire time those rifles are in inventory.

Barrels, gas rings, springs etc are covered. You shoot something out just hit us up and we'll replace them.
    If a rifle is used and is taken for evidence, we'll send a loaner til you get it back. If a rifle is damaged or destroyed we'll replace it.

As for performance... I'll let the rifle do the talking.

Give me a shout and I'll send a list of agencies and references.
    2104005992 is my cell.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'd hate to be the one to interject some objectivity into the conversation...

Has your agency developed specific requirements for the rifles? Accuracy standards with your duty ammunition? Ambidexterity? Weight? Length (barrel & OAL)? Compatibility with existing racks? Optics ready? Suppressed use? Reliability standards (MRBF)? Sling mount locations? Trigger pull weight? Increased corrosion resistance? Technical support (now and 10 years from now)? ect.

Do you have an established T&E protocol? Is it stringent enough to separate wheat from chaff?

It'd be hilarious and sad if you guys just go to the range and blast 100 rounds through each sample, all the rifles "pass" and you end up with whomever ends up cheapest because they'll take your existing guns in trade. Because something like that would never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    How many rifles are you talking? Are you talking buying 5, 50 or 500.

The larger that number gets, the more the agency’s price per unit also will come into play. It’s not something that may be a popular topic on a gun form, but money/cost is a factor.

For a smaller order, out of the very short list you proposed, I’d go with SOLGW. But there are a lot of other options out there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I doubt you will get service described below from Sig or Aero...I would be surprise if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    If there's any mechanical or tech questions feel free to ask them here or call me direct.

We're also happy to submit a list of the agencies currently using our rifles and I'm totally comfortable with you contacting their firearms guys to ask what their experience has been.

Our end user support is truly second to none. Explain to the Lt that our warranty is forever... your agency will spend zero dollars on maintenance for the entire time those rifles are in inventory.

Barrels, gas rings, springs etc are covered. You shoot something out just hit us up and we'll replace them.
    If a rifle is used and is taken for evidence, we'll send a loaner til you get it back. If a rifle is damaged or destroyed we'll replace it.

As for performance... I'll let the rifle do the talking.

Give me a shout and I'll send a list of agencies and references.
    2104005992 is my cell.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I doubt you will get service described below from Sig or Aero...I would be surprise if you did.
    Agreed. Really speaks well of SOLGW...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SOLGW's reputation and customer service really makes it unfair to Sig and Aero.

That being said, if we ignore those two wonderful things, Aero and Sig do not produce a rifle that is comparable to what SOLGW produces.

I've seen all too many issues with Sig rifles lately and I know that Aero uses sub-par parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    SOLGW's reputation and customer service really makes it unfair to Sig and Aero.

That being said, if we ignore those two wonderful things, Aero and Sig do not produce a rifle that is comparable to what SOLGW produces.

I've seen all too many issues with Sig rifles lately and I know that Aero uses sub-par parts.
    While I agree, that SOLGW is the way to go for sure, I do use Aero lowers quite a bit and haven't had an issue with any of them. Having said that, I do usually put in a trigger, a different bolt catch, BCM heavy buffer, and ambi safety selectors.
    I do agree, that SIG still has a quality problem, and while it looks to be improving, it's still not where it needs to be.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IMO, the differences is that the stripped upper/lower receivers made by Aero are fine. It is their complete rifles that usually have the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    While I agree, that SOLGW is the way to go for sure, I do use Aero lowers quite a bit and haven't had an issue with any of them. Having said that, I do usually put in a trigger, a different bolt catch, BCM heavy buffer, and ambi safety selectors.
    I do agree, that SIG still has a quality problem, and while it looks to be improving, it's still not where it needs to be.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I'd hate to be the one to interject some objectivity into the conversation...

Has your agency developed specific requirements for the rifles? Accuracy standards with your duty ammunition? Ambidexterity? Weight? Length (barrel & OAL)? Compatibility with existing racks? Optics ready? Suppressed use? Reliability standards (MRBF)? Sling mount locations? Trigger pull weight? Increased corrosion resistance? Technical support (now and 10 years from now)? ect.

Do you have an established T&E protocol? Is it stringent enough to separate wheat from chaff?

It'd be hilarious and sad if you guys just go to the range and blast 100 rounds through each sample, all the rifles "pass" and you end up with whomever ends up cheapest because they'll take your existing guns in trade. Because something like that would never happen.
    This right here^^^

There are agencies that want the best stuff for their guys. However, they are not the rule, and even the ones with good intent have their own ideas, of what “best” means.

Of these options SOLGW is likely the best. There are other good choices as well.

The way a contract should go, is in order to do the taxpayer right, we need the cheapest product that meets the requirements. In order to do this, we need VERY detailed requirements. If you require a rifle that has a 5.56 chamber, a 1/7 twist, chrome lined bore, MPI bolt, staked, auto carrier, H2 buffer, .063 port, it is possible that you end up buying a gun with no action spring, trigger, grip, stock, or upper receiver with an unthreaded barrel and a bore diameter of .239” for $400. And it takes a proprietary charging handle with the latch on the wrong side.

I’m exaggerating for effect, but take a look at an Army website to see how important it is to have detailed requirements. Also why T&E are important, and need a significant budget. “We need a website for evals, needs to be paperless. Must work with IE 9 and Win 95”
    “OK, hold my beer, I’ll do it for $3.50”
    (BigIP login message: stupid user, you can’t logon right now, because its a full moon.)

Now, pretend for a second that I am the guy you have to go through to get this weapon bought. Is this item the cheapest? How is it the cheapest? No, really, I mean cheapest right this moment; IDGAF about the long term, because I don’t actually care about this agency; I mean least cost before my next eval. How will this get me/my boss reelected/promoted? LT Sigfan has the ear of County Council because he’s effing the Chairman’s 1st cousin pretty good; will this get me into the steak luncheon somehow that’s supposed to be for x charity so I can brown-nose his daughter?

I’m not trying to say your agency is like that, just pointing out that sometimes the reasons you and I choose a weapon are simply not good enough, so pitching stuff a certain way, anticipating bs, and knowing your audience is more important than choosing between the 3 companies in your OP. The answer of course, is to explain how SOLGW is both better and cheaper, and will get me promoted.

You probably already know all this, so disregard. But seriously, if buying the SOLGW will somehow get me tight with the Council Chairman’s 26yo daughter, lemme know how I can help you.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information guys. Mike I have been in touch with one of you customer service reps. She sent me all the list of agencies and was very helpful. I have no doubt the SOLGW is the way to go. I was more looking to info about the SIG and Aero Precision. I was hoping to hear they were all good to go but figured that was not going to be the case. I am the one who got the ball rolling on replacing the existing rifles. Now people with no knowledge but higher rank are getting involved and wanting to input their ideas. As I said in the original post I recommended the SOLGW rifles and showed them the specs of the rifles and data I had. Now the Lt. in charge is pushing Sig. His reason has nothing to do with the rifles but is worried that SOLGW is to small and may get bought out by a bigger company and loose the warranty. Or they may go out of business and loose the warranty. I think we should buy the best quality rifle and not worry about the rest. Also being a sheriff's office the local gunshop has a say. Our sheriff likes to support the local business so politics may come into it. Its frustrating because all I want to do is gives our guys the best equipment to do their job but its not proving to be easy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast