Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifles For Duty Use SOLGW vs. Sig M400 vs. Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigez1 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys. Mike I have been in touch with one of you customer service reps. She sent me all the list of agencies and was very helpful. I have no doubt the SOLGW is the way to go. I was more looking to info about the SIG and Aero Precision. I was hoping to hear they were all good to go but figured that was not going to be the case. I am the one who got the ball rolling on replacing the existing rifles. Now people with no knowledge but higher rank are getting involved and wanting to input their ideas. As I said in the original post I recommended the SOLGW rifles and showed them the specs of the rifles and data I had. Now the Lt. in charge is pushing Sig. His reason has nothing to do with the rifles but is worried that SOLGW is to small and may get bought out by a bigger company and loose the warranty. Or they may go out of business and loose the warranty. I think we should buy the best quality rifle and not worry about the rest. Also being a sheriff's office the local gunshop has a say. Our sheriff likes to support the local business so politics may come into it. Its frustrating because all I want to do is gives our guys the best equipment to do their job but its not proving to be easy.
    Tell the local shop to bid our rifles ;-)

I appreciate you throwing our hat in the ring.
    If there's anything I can do to help definitely let me know... and I mean even flying out to talk to the guys.
    We've had some pushback at various agencies for the same reasons...being a smaller company... but once they meet us and understand what we do it usually works out.
    Being a smaller company is actually a benefit to the agency.
    I'm down to help however I can.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    While I agree, that SOLGW is the way to go for sure, I do use Aero lowers quite a bit and haven't had an issue with any of them. Having said that, I do usually put in a trigger, a different bolt catch, BCM heavy buffer, and ambi safety selectors.
    I do agree, that SIG still has a quality problem, and while it looks to be improving, it's still not where it needs to be.
    I wouldn't make a comparison to SOLGW based on using an Aero lower only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    I wouldn't make a comparison to SOLGW based on using an Aero lower only.
    I don't think I am. I'm just mentioning, that they don't produce the worst thing in the world, and that there are worse options. Personally, I don't own a SOLGW, however, I do shoot and have shot with a lot of people who have them and like them, and they run, much like my BCM's, and DD's, flawlessly.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I did a Mossberg Armorer class in Fl, that SO just got the Sigs, happy with them and the purchase included Sig's AR Armorer class. Something to consider if that training is needed.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Thanks for the information guys. Mike I have been in touch with one of you customer service reps. She sent me all the list of agencies and was very helpful. I have no doubt the SOLGW is the way to go. I was more looking to info about the SIG and Aero Precision. I was hoping to hear they were all good to go but figured that was not going to be the case. I am the one who got the ball rolling on replacing the existing rifles. Now people with no knowledge but higher rank are getting involved and wanting to input their ideas. As I said in the original post I recommended the SOLGW rifles and showed them the specs of the rifles and data I had. Now the Lt. in charge is pushing Sig. His reason has nothing to do with the rifles but is worried that SOLGW is to small and may get bought out by a bigger company and loose the warranty. Or they may go out of business and loose the warranty. I think we should buy the best quality rifle and not worry about the rest. Also being a sheriff's office the local gunshop has a say. Our sheriff likes to support the local business so politics may come into it. Its frustrating because all I want to do is gives our guys the best equipment to do their job but its not proving to be easy.
    Your LT has a a valid concern, we're in the age where Bushmaster and DPMS are gone and Colt is pulling back from the market... This is why you need to develop your Request for Proposal, if you're the guy writing it you can probably exclude entire companies from even being able to submit, hell you can even require the purchase to go through the local gun shop and have them handle warranty and repairs so you can get good iron and let them whet their beak so the Sheriff can get re-elected. lol

Maybe too late now that you have guns inbound though...
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 02-13-20 at 14:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I don't think I am. I'm just mentioning, that they don't produce the worst thing in the world, and that there are worse options. Personally, I don't own a SOLGW, however, I do shoot and have shot with a lot of people who have them and like them, and they run, much like my BCM's, and DD's, flawlessly.
    I have a few Aero lowers. I agree, they are not terrible. However, you do get what you pay for.

I also have a few Aero stripped uppers and have installed a few Aero handguards. I would not purchase any of it for an agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    I have a few Aero lowers. I agree, they are not terrible. However, you do get what you pay for.

I also have a few Aero stripped uppers and have installed a few Aero handguards. I would not purchase any of it for an agency.
    Yeah, I understand. My local PD had RRA for a long time, with the SWAT guys purchasing LaRue and Noveske 12.5 and 10.5 uppers. They now are switching over to ADM rifles for everyone, but I live relatively close to Chicago, and the crime coming from there has really pushed them to up their training and equipment.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The difference between top tier companies like SOLGW and BCM is QC. They more than likely look at every single part that goes into a build. The also ran guys just just grab the part out of the yellow tray and install it. SOLGW can offer the warranty they do because they never expect to ever see the rifle again! I doubt they have a dedicated warranty department.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    How many rifles are you talking? Are you talking buying 5, 50 or 500.

The larger that number gets, the more the agency’s price per unit also will come into play. It’s not something that may be a popular topic on a gun form, but money/cost is a factor.

For a smaller order, out of the very short list you proposed, I’d go with SOLGW. But there are a lot of other options out there.
    It is a large factor, which is why S&W will win out if it goes to bid and they are testing a wide sampling of AR15s.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    SOLGW
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast