Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First CZ P01 Omega

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

First CZ P01 Omega

Before I ever fired it I turned a $459 gun into a 1k gun because I had found Cajun Gunworks site about 3 years before and said that if I ever got a CZ I'd send it to them and have them tune it up a bit. Well, thankfully, the Omega is stupid easy to work on at home so instead I ordered their Pro Package, short reset kit, an 85 Combat trigger, 10X barrel bushing, a few other little key parts and bending a few springs here and there, and Installed it all myself after a lot of long nights reading on the CZ site, disassembling the entire gun, polishing everywhere there is metal to metal and rounding over some key areas I have to say, that's one sweet, sweet little gun.
    I didnt shoot the gun before this but I did dry fire it quite a bit and the DA was atrocious and stacked like nothing I'd ever experienced and had alot of rough, gritty spots. After reading I learned that the best fix for that was de-tensioning (bending) the trigger bar spring and wow, he was right, he being a guy from CGW who mods the CGW section on the CZ forum. He also puts up all of the polishing and smoothing tutorials.
    I've now put 1500 rounds through that little jewel with not one single issue, at all. The double and single action pull both are greatly improved and besides the long take up after the reset the single action pull is almost 1911-ish. It's kinda weird, the reset itself is quite short but it still has a deal of takeup before you hit the wall again, which is a nice solid wall. The DA is smooth, consistent and I cant really detect any stacking and I'd guess its about 9 lbs and really grit free. Accuracy is more than satisfactory but not something I worry too much about with handguns, not precision accuracy but let's call it gross accuracy, center mass accuracy... some of the things I didnt change and really, at this time at least, are the sights and grips. The sights on the P01 Omega are actually decent. They're supposed to be night sights, they are not. The factory rubber grips are just friggin amazing and I cant imagine another grip being more ergonomic nor more comfortable.
    I think it's a testament to the quality of CGWs products that someone can buy their parts and install them at home and end up with a gun as smooth and accurate and reliable as the one I have.
    Now for my new 97B... Great work CGW!
    Last edited by BillB; 02-12-20 at 22:30.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My P01 Omega trigger is HORRIBLE, but after cajunizing/polishing MAY be shootable - more to follow. CZs are a total hit of miss proposition with the trigger - you hit! Good for you! Wat to stay with it. (I have redeemed some horrible P07s).

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I bought mine from CGW so I just had them do the work. It is a remarkable gun and makes me think that I need to put some rounds on it this weekend! Also, it needs a holster...perfect timing for President's day sales.

I did change the grips on mine. Unlike you, I did not prefer them over a slimmer profile so I went with some LOk Grips. I didn't think there would be a flatter shooting pistol than a Glock 19, but I think this might be it for me. It was money well spent in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    M4Brian, the factory trigger on mine was atrocious too, I mean it was bad. I was so disappointed but really it is super nice now and I dont just mean compared to how it was, it's just a nice trigger. I'm coming from the perspective of my DW 1911s, old S&W revolvers and Geissele s in my ARs and it's a nice trigger.
    Don, I too bought a set of thin grips and knew they we re ent for me in about 2 seconds, completely changed the feel of the gun and not to my liking. They do shoot nice dont they? I got the SS guided in mine too and helps a little as well but I do really like this little gun, slot. I'm gonna make a holster for mine myself.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mine stacks horribly before break - which is the Omega curse for sure. I polished the snot out of the internals and even took steel off the TB in the rear angle which can help - but its still there. I hope a bunch of shooting helps - otherwise this one will go back to CZ USA. NO doubt it will be accurate and reliable. I know better, but bought on-line which I always warn people against in buying a CZ.

Rubber grips feel great, but they are slick as snot when wet.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hey Brian, this is all the action smoothing CGW does on the P07,10 and Omega System, from the man himself. This thread will absolutely transform you Omega. Pay close attention to the 2nd post detailing the trigger bar spring, disassemble your gun and I'll bet you your spring will be in the upper third of the hole for the right side paddle, bend it down to where he shows and your stacking issues should be tamed.
    If it were me, and I hadnt already, I'd go step by step through this tutorial and really give your P01 a better feel, and function.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After reading I learned that the best fix for that was de-tensioning (bending) the trigger bar spring and wow, he was right, he being a guy from CGW who mods the CGW section on the CZ forum
    I know it is really nice to find an easy fix to a problem. This is fine for some guns and something I do for ALL my Omegas. It can help on some. Most CZ Omegas come feeling gritty and/or with stacking. Grit is not a big problem because it will likely go away after 1000 rounds or a polishing.

The MISERABLE stacking I get sometimes is because of parts with 'stacking tolerances' that add up to HUGE increase in DA pull prior to break. Only advanced methods of removing steel from the trigger bar at the right place helps this. There are a few other things like taking steel off of the decocker bar, and smoothing the sear where the disco rides. Believe me - I've had many conversations with CGW. Some guns can only be 'helped' and not cured - especially the P07s.

YES - I took my gun to the range and DESPITE the stacking - it shot very well. Why? Cuz the CZ hammer throw is short, and the CGW springs help reduce the pull, and because I shoot DA a ton. CZs are amazing and accurate, but buyer beware, most come with rotten triggers OTB. They CAN be turned into GEMS. If you find one that DOESN'T stack - buy it - they will be amazing.

If it wasn't for CGW, I would not own many CZs. I would have quit years ago. CGW keeps CZ in business, not the other way around.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-15-20 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a clearer picture now, you dont need my help with any CZ pistol, you obviously have way more experience with them than do I. I must have just got luck with my sample because she really cleaned up nice. I just hope I get as lucky with the 97b I'm getting ready to pick up.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My point is this: DESPITE some significant issues in CZ QC and the Omega design, these guns JUST PLAIN shoot well - maybe its just me - but they want to get on target and stay on almost on their own!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I cant disagree with you there. I've tried and tried to get one of my daughters fiancee to give CZ a chance but he drank too much of the koolaid about weapons manipulation and just cant believe that it's really a non issue. I bet in his sleep he says Glock......Glock........Glock.......
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

Iron Rakkasans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast