Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .357 Magnum. Does it deserve its reputation?

Feedback Score
    Well, when I shoot things with one of my wheel guns loaded up with a .357 versus a .38, I can tell the difference of the impact....lol, and in my hand. Sometimes these days, I think people get too caught up in stats about one round versus another. Usually, bigger is better, but with most humans, getting shot at all tends to make us go "ouch", and find some cover.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    When we moved to the mag round the Sherriff was at lest smart he bypassed the 125's and went straight to the 145 grain Silvertip Winchester, we had been using the old "Highway" rounds, which where nothing more then hot 38spl's loaded with the still older 200 grain round nose. One thing to remember about those stat's on usage, most agencies, that issued the 357 chambered revolvers mandated 38 spl +P 125's
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    The issue round for my Sheriffs Depart., was the 125 grn. HP mag round. You were allowed to carry what ever you wanted in your revolver, 99% stayed with the 125grn, because we had good luck with it. While the city next to us was using 38 special hollowpoints and they didn't have as good a track record.

But all that is old history, not even relevant to today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123