Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Locust Swarms Raid Africa, Threatening Millions of Lives

Feedback Score
    This whole virus thing is a total sham, there hiding the fact it’s the beginning of the zombie apocalypse so load magazines boys and sharpen up those Bowie knives cause good times are coming..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    This whole virus thing is a total sham, there hiding the fact it’s the beginning of the zombie apocalypse so load magazines boys and sharpen up those Bowie knives cause good times are coming..
    Silly I know, but after hearing and seeing the news coverage in China the first thing that came to mind for me was the movie with Will Smith 'I am Legend.' Where he fights the Kreppen virus that turns regular people into monsters when a doctor tries to cure cancer and the vaccine treatment backfires. Messing with Mother Nature never ends well, but hey it's only Science fiction.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Population of Africa... 1.3 billion and it doubles every 26 years. The locust won't put a dent in that. They don't tell you how many were starving to death before the locust showed up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Eat the grasshoppers?

Seriously nothing good happens in Africa. That's why nearly every human species left as soon as they were able.
    When I was deployed to Djibouti, we used to bastardize the Will Smith quote from After Earth "Everything on this planet has evolved to kill humans." In this case, "Everything on this continent has evolved to kill humans." Sure felt like that when thorns ripped through your boots, we got briefed on every parasite known to man or monkey, and even the camels wanted to fight you.

As for the locusts and the end of days, sure feels like it. Wars, rumors of wars? Check. Plagues? Check. Earthquakes in random places? Check. All we need now is some water to blood action and we've got Bingo!
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    When I was deployed to Djibouti, we used to bastardize the Will Smith quote from After Earth "Everything on this planet has evolved to kill humans." In this case, "Everything on this continent has evolved to kill humans." Sure felt like that when thorns ripped through your boots, we got briefed on every parasite known to man or monkey, and even the camels wanted to fight you.

As for the locusts and the end of days, sure feels like it. Wars, rumors of wars? Check. Plagues? Check. Earthquakes in random places? Check. All we need now is some water to blood action and we've got Bingo!
    Don't forget about ebola and aids. 69% of the world's people living with aids are in Africa.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post

I thought the worst were those damned kids (who could quite remarkably speak passing English) at the souk begging for shekels.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    With the exception of North Africa (oil and NG) and South Africa (their laundry list of valuable minerals) the whole continent just screams to be written off.

Sorry, but I'm not sure we should be spending capital (fiscal or political) there trying to sustain a dying system.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sounds a lot like Biblical Karma.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    Silly I know, but after hearing and seeing the news coverage in China the first thing that came to mind for me was the movie with Will Smith 'I am Legend.' Where he fights the Kreppen virus that turns regular people into monsters when a doctor tries to cure cancer and the vaccine treatment backfires. Messing with Mother Nature never ends well, but hey it's only Science fiction.
    Yeah playing God never works out for us mortals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Eat the grasshoppers?
    Actually...in the Central African Republic, they do eat them. The hardest part about driving the Mustang at night during the locust season was avoiding hitting kids. The lights would attract the locust and the kids would jump out to catch them. The one locust season that I was there for....it wasn't biblical proportions like what is going on now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast