Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Frame with 45 slide or not...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Glock 19 Frame with 45 slide or not...

So when the Glock 45 was first introduced I jumped ALL over it. At the time I had a G19 Gen 3 and I wasn't fond of the grip texture and I didn't want to cut/grind/stipple it. Had it for years. I wanted to leave it factory except for sights. Besides the texture, or lack thereof, I also wanted to try something without the finger grooves. About this time the 19X was making it's rounds and it was very appealing to me except that I just wanted it as standard black Glock that accepted standard base plate mags. I know, I'm picky, but to be honest, I just want one of everything but I can't afford it. Sad story, huh?

Anyway, soon after, the G19 Gen5 was released (best I remember) and I was excited!!! Finally, the things I wanted came true! Except, that ridiculous finger cutout for easy mag stripping. Well, I have a permanently crooked pinky on my strong hand that unfortunately falls right inside that dang cutout. After handling the new 19 multiple times, I came to the conclusion that I just couldn't deal with it. So I gave up on it. Never bought it. Trust me, I went to 6 or 7 different stores, sometimes hitting the same one twice in a day, trying my best to make myself like it. Felt like I was shooting a 26 but very annoying as it was putting my pinky in a slight bind. I have small hands too so that just makes things that much better.

So back to the Glock45. Best I remember, again... The G45 made its apperance not too long after the new 19. I was all over it when I saw it! Immediately sold the gen3 19 and bought a Glock 45! No finger grooves, no stupid cutout, better trigger, front slide serrations, all the good stuff people have been asking for. It's been awesome ever since I got it, all the way up until... I wondered if I'd been happier with the 19 Gen5. At the time, the Gen5 19MOS was released soon after I bought the G45 (again, best I remember). This solved all the problems it seemed. But, I decided to just stick it out with the G45. However, the itch to have a 19 is starting to creep back... Especially since they have released the Gen5 G19 WITHOUT that ridiculous mag cut out...

So this all brings me to my question... Since it seems buying a Glock19 Gen5 frame isn't impossible (just learned that a couple weeks ago), would it be better for me to just buy the 19 frame and put the 45 slide on, or sell the Glock45 (add a little cash) and buy the new 19? First world problems, right?

Opinions on this? Am I missing anything? Would it be that easy or would it be better in the long run to sell one to buy the other?

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    I bought the Gen 5 G19 mos fs last year. Love the pistol. Not long after I picked up a G45 frame. I go back and forth between frames with the mos slide depending on what I’m wearing. I must say I prefer the G45 over the G19. I have large hands and I pinch my hand on mag changes from time to time with the G19 slide.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgiii View Post
    I bought the Gen 5 G19 mos fs last year. Love the pistol. Not long after I picked up a G45 frame. I go back and forth between frames with the mos slide depending on what I’m wearing. I must say I prefer the G45 over the G19. I have large hands and I pinch my hand on mag changes from time to time with the G19 slide.
    Appreciate the insight. So that’s kind of what I thought about doing, separate frames for separate uses. I can conceal the 19 better than the 45 of course, but I do own a 43 for that ultra concealable carry. That’s one of the reason I justified getting the larger 45 is because I have a 43 and would carry it anyway. The 45 would be more “duty” use. General firearm use, range, defense, that type of thing, not really concealed carry.

But... Knowing me I’ll enjoy the 19 frame setup too much and won’t even use the 45 frame and won’t have a real purpose for it, except to sit in a safe. I feel it’s got to have a purpose, right lol. At that point I guess I could sell the 45 complete and buy the slide assembly for the 19... Seems I may be getting closer to answering my own question. Just need to talk it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glock makes an MOS like 19 without the MOS cut. Front serations and no mag cut out
    Last edited by Arik; 02-11-20 at 06:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why not just chop the grip down to take 19 mags?

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio5005 View Post
    Appreciate the insight. So that’s kind of what I thought about doing, separate frames for separate uses. I can conceal the 19 better than the 45 of course, but I do own a 43 for that ultra concealable carry. That’s one of the reason I justified getting the larger 45 is because I have a 43 and would carry it anyway. The 45 would be more “duty” use. General firearm use, range, defense, that type of thing, not really concealed carry.

But... Knowing me I’ll enjoy the 19 frame setup too much and won’t even use the 45 frame and won’t have a real purpose for it, except to sit in a safe. I feel it’s got to have a purpose, right lol. At that point I guess I could sell the 45 complete and buy the slide assembly for the 19... Seems I may be getting closer to answering my own question. Just need to talk it out.
    If only the G47 system was available to the public.
    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-anything-g47/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I too have a G19 Gen 5 MOS slide and RMR06 for my G45 frame or G19 frame.

I had an early G19.5 slide sent to ATEI for serrations and refinish to get rid of the slick OEM finish.

It rides on a G45 or G19.5 if I don't want the RMR at the time.

My other G45 is all G45 with Ameriglo Agent sights and APEX trigger shoe.

Like my G48, I found a G43X complete upper I can pick and choose until I decide or not.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Why not just chop the grip down to take 19 mags?
    Yea I’ve definitely thought about that but for some reason i couldn’t see myself doing it. I guess I just like the idea of having a stock Glock, minus aftermarket sights of course.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgiii View Post
    If only the G47 system was available to the public.
    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-anything-g47/
    That is really interesting! If I read that right, you could own own a g47 and a g19 and that would give you 4 different combos? That sound right? G17, G19, G45, and a 17 length slide/barrel on a 19 frame...

Feedback Score
    Op- do you need a 19 frame?
    If so, sell the gun and get an mos.
    If not, keep it.
    For $100, you can trade it to glock for a 19 mos frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast