Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FN scores M4/M4A1 contract

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'm curious what this means to the 6.5 rifles the military is anticipated to adopt soon.
    These 5.56 rifles might be for non combat roles.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Wat??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'd imagine PSA and other companies with contracts will still be able to get FN barrels.

If the cost is $500 each which is low that's less than 250k rifles over the next 25 years.

I'm curious what this means to the 6.5 rifles the military is anticipated to adopt soon.
    These 5.56 rifles might be for non combat roles.

I thought that most of the companies bidding the next gen rifle actually submitted 6.8 caliber designs (but not 6.8 spc).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Other FN news:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...w-enforcement/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hawg View Post
    I thought that most of the companies bidding the next gen rifle actually submitted 6.8 caliber designs (but not 6.8 spc).
    You're right 6.8 damn auto correct and not enough coffee.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    FN selling the DoD M4s is not really news. I’ve seen lots of M4A1’s and M16’s with FN on the side. Hell, I’ve been seeing more FN M4A1s than Colt ones, lately, but that could well be sampling bias.

Or are y’all finding the scale of the contract surprising?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Interesting..wonder if PSA will still get FN barrels...

What about Colt?

I predict another glut of cheap 6920's on the market soon. Especially after Trump wins the election.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve seen lots of M4A1’s and M16’s with FN on the side.
    The rifle I carried in basic training almost 25 years ago was an FN M16A2.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The rifle I carried in basic training almost 25 years ago was an FN M16A2.
    I carried a FN M16A4 in OSUT 16 years ago. ETA: IIRC, it was purple.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-14-20 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That was a good video at the OP's link.

With the exception of the Beretta, almost every weapon I touched in The Marine Corps was manufactured by FN. I'll admire FN for the rest of my days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I carried a FN M16A4 in OSUT 16 years ago. ETA: IIRC, it was purple.
    My initial OSUT/Basic rifle back in '07 was a Colt M16A4 that was worn out as hell and ended up breaking on a moving target range. I eventually got it replaced with a relatively new FN M16A4, and my love of FN began. Sadly, mine was not purple.

I also saw more than a few brand new FN M4s in the wild. Too bad it always seemed like POG units got them, rather than giving them to units who's M4s were nearly in the white after years of abuse. 'tis the Army though, if it made sense, we'd know something was wrong.

On Topic: Good for FN. I keep expecting another upgrade package, but Big Army seems happy with its current configuration and is placing all bets on yet another rifle/caliber replacement program.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast