Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    None of the above, I have an acreage in the middle of nowhere and supplies for at least a year. People gave up coming to see me long ago.

That's your gate? I always wondered who lived there!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    That's your gate? I always wondered who lived there!
    Yes I believe you did.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Tyvek is decent as a PPE, but rips easily. TyChem is a big step up and is easier to decon/reuse.

Easily obtainable incremental step up from those would be JSLISTs or surplus Remploy Frontline suits.

ETA: I don’t know off the top of my head what the rate of decay is for enveloped viruses on fabric, but viruses deactivate at a significantly higher rate on porous surfaces than on smooth/non-porous surfaces. I want to say the lifespan is 5 hours or so on porous surfaces, but don’t take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    I’m honestly intrigued by this. These ducks doin’ all that flocking....

So besides respirators, what are we looking at for body PPE? Tyvek Level C or similar? You see a lot of videos of the Chinese wearing plastic crappy suits or nothing at all, God knows what kind of Decon they are doing...
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 02-22-20 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’ll throw this out there as well, since some of the first responders on the Death Princess Cruise managed to contract the virus despite wearing N95 masks, and coveralls.

If the virus is indeed aerosolized, and all signs indicate that it is, protecting the two mucous membranes above your nose might be a good idea...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    You can also use ethyl aka ethanol to get drunk in a pinch when all the liquor stores get looted during the big flugaloo.
    You don't want to drink denatured ethyl. Denatured is all you find at drugstores and home improvement stores.

Feedback Score
    People have been through worse.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-23-20 at 05:38.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    There are three biases associated with this virus that I'm starting to observe appearing very consistently. You're gonna see these a lot going forward.

1) "Our simple precautions will make a meaningful difference".

2) "If I can't see a problem, it reasonably might not exist".

3) "I heard a counter-argument on the news to this troubling bit of evidence, so I'm going to pour all my emotions and judgement into holding on as tight as I can to that little bit of bullshit."

Let's call these "Small shit bias", "Can't see it bias", "But but but bias".

Share your observations.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    People have been through worse.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

Share your observations.
    Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My observations?

1) The sky is always falling!
    2) Everyone with a YouTube channel instantly knows much more than what's actually going on.

Feedback Score
    This covid19 situation is getting a bit more interesting/complicated. Assorted reports from Italy instituting containment procedures utilizing .mil and LE for a fairly extensive population area (+/-50,000 people); the US citizens being flown back on a commercial airliner with minimal protection to all the unknowing passengers on the same aircraft, leading to possibly more asymptomatic carriers, the FBI purchasing n95 masks and purrell, the DOD ordering certain marine units to practice containment protocols, just seems that things MAY become a bit more serious than another run of the mill flu outbreak. We shall see. In the meantime I'm washing my hands more than usual and keeping hand sanitizer in my vehicle, its the little things after all.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast