Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Given what we are able to find, do you think the government honestly knows how bad this is? That they are not really saying anything because they don't want people to panic? I can see that. It also makes sense why the Chinese were just locking people in their buildings because they know if one person is infected on the same public sewer line or air duct system of an apartment building- then everyone inside already has it. It's essentially airborne AIDS with a side of immune repressing pneumonia that stays in your system indefinitely so as of now or the foreseeable future- there really is no way to fight this. This has the potential to change mankind forever unless we take extreme measures right now. Imagine if this gets into other mammal species including our livestock. I can't imagine what the future looks like.
    When my buddy said "a lot of high side stuff" I took that as a yes. For now the US is contained but could go south at any moment. They are all over travel of flights in and out of the US including connections and rental cars.

I got the impression they were more worried if it morphed into a new strain. The fact that a large portion of the populous could be walking around spreading it without showing symptoms is end game if the death rate goes up into double digits.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    When my buddy said "a lot of high side stuff" I took that as a yes. For now the US is contained but could go south at any moment. They are all over travel of flights in and out of the US including connections and rental cars.

I got the impression they were more worried if it morphed into a new strain. The fact that a large portion of the populous could be walking around spreading it without showing symptoms is end game if the death rate goes up into double digits.

Except the difference between today and yesterday is that we now know there is no recovery from the virus. So unless they are willing to quarantine people who have the virus indefinitely, preferably offshore- then there's nothing going to stop this from becoming a full blown pandemic likely within six months to a year. The numbers coming back from Iran are troubling with over 20% death rates. Yes they have a crappier health care system but all systems will be down once the virus infects a certain level of infection throughout society. We may have bought some time shutting off air travel from certain areas but it's already here. Allowing someone who had the virus to walk around saying they got better while they are shedding the virus- no, that can't happen.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Except the difference between today and yesterday is that we now know there is no recovery from the virus. So unless they are willing to quarantine people who have the virus indefinitely, preferably offshore- then there's nothing going to stop this from becoming a full blown pandemic likely within six months to a year. The numbers coming back from Iran are troubling with over 20% death rates. Yes they have a crappier health care system but all systems will be down once the virus infects a certain level of infection throughout society. We may have bought some time shutting off air travel from certain areas but it's already here. Allowing someone who had the virus to walk around saying they got better while they are shedding the virus- no, that can't happen.
    One chick getting ill from either not having fully recovered or having contracted the disease a second time does not affirmatively state no recovery is possible.

I get a hoot over sensationalism but that’s just intellectually and logically stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The numbers coming back from Iran are troubling with over 20% death rates.
    Where did you see this number??

Dr. Campbell above is quoting 5% in Iran from his informants on the ground.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Iran is showing 245 cases with 26 deaths which would be 10% if their numbers are correct which is doubtful.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Iran is showing 245 cases with 26 deaths which would be 10% if their numbers are correct which is doubtful.
    Please, if you are going to post numbers of any kind please post a link to where you got those numbers. This thread is already turning into a dumpster fire with "its just a flu bro" crowd. To keep it factual please post links so we can track it and double check sources.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Where did you see this number??

Dr. Campbell above is quoting 5% in Iran from his informants on the ground.

A doctor posting from Qom that was relayed on Twitter saying they lost 1204 people so far but the government isn't disclosing this.

Same thing we saw when the doctor in Wuhan raised the alarm weeks before it went full on SHTF in China.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amjadt25/...85921450135552

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    U.S. Identifies First Coronavirus Case Without Outbreak Ties - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-to-outbreak

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    One chick getting ill from either not having fully recovered or having contracted the disease a second time does not affirmatively state no recovery is possible.

I get a hoot over sensationalism but that’s just intellectually and logically stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the BBC news network upwards of 14% of patients who recovered from the virus are testing positive again within weeks of recovery.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast