Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Everything I'm reading by non hysterical science based sources suggests COVID-19 is considerably less dangerous than influenza, and a virologist I listened to on NPR said while it's more transmissible than prior viruses in this family, it's also less virulent than prior viruses such as SARS. While I sure as hell would prefer to not have COVID-19, I'm unclear what the freak out is about. Do you have some thoughts on that one?
    Where did you hear it is less dangerous than influenza which has a death rate of .1-.2% this year while corvid-19 is running at least 2-3% or over 10 times as much? And that NPR virologist didn't bother to mention that yes while only half as lethal as SARS that even using the official Chinese numbers which are likely bogus it has already infected about 10 times the number infected with SARS and is not done yet. Really don't listen to propaganda, look at the actions of governments, are China, Italy and South Korean acting like it's no big deal. We are likely in the early stages of a pandemic, I suspect that like it is looking in Iran that it will run like wildfire through less developed countries.

But here are a few points to ponder.

How long does the flu last, a week, corvid-19 asymptomatic contagious up to 27 days, recovery time after symptoms appear 3 weeks or longer. If you develop serious symptoms you are looking at a month in the hospital. Also more reports are coming out that unlike the flu you have no immunity after you recover, you can be reinfected and if so your survival chances plummet plus there are reports of recovered patients testing clean then relapsing and then testing positive.

Even if we dodge the bullet here in the USA, the worldwide economic fallout is likely to be severe.

Oops, forgot to say "Welcome to the party, pal"
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-26-20 at 10:50.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."