Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    I picked up a 100oz Osprey water bladder for my backpack.
    A pair of Leki hiking poles.
    2 pair of Exofficio briefs
    Sawyer Mini water filtration system
    20 cans of tuna, 12 cans of beans
    More pasta & spices

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I go into a Walmart in south Huntsville today. Got time to kill, groceries to get, going to "stockpile" some additional stuff, AND to see if any others are AND to see whats low or gone already.
    Was shocked, NO hand sanitizer in the store. I got the last pack of hand wipes. The OTC med isle VERY low on stuff. Bottled alcohol nearly gone.
    Toilet paper shelves were very low with large empty spots. Other shoppers buying a lot of what I was. All the shoes in back, were nearly gone..whole isles were empty due to no product from China. {GOOD}, as were other isles of China made goods.
    So, in my sample of one, I easily noticed some stockpiling. Also- the battery kiosks were very low too.
    Im not at all worried about the virus, but I am concerned about peoples reactions to it, justified or not.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had to go do a lot this morning. Stopped by Home Depot at 7am. Saw a guy in his 60s buying ALL the masks and 2 large black storage containers. The main isles were lined with Clorox wipes and Lysol spray.

Went to Giant (supermarket) for food shopping. All out of hand sanitizer. Everything else was normal. Plenty of antibacterial soap and disinfecting spray

Went to Target to return some stuff. All out of hand sanitizer. Lysol spray and Clorox wipes available but definitely limited quantity. Everything else was normal. Plenty of antibacterial soap and disinfecting spray

Costco. Upon entering employees were handing out disinfecting wipes to wipe your shopping cart. Politely asked you to do it in front of them. No one complained. I carry wipes and had already done mine but wiped my cart a second time. Seemed rather busy at 11am on Saturday but I don't go there on Saturday that often. Everything was available. Plenty of water, food, toilet paper, .....etc ..etc . However, Clorox wipes were rather low. The pallet was running low. Canned beans, spam, canned soup, anything edible canned was lower than typically. Just about everyone had at least one pack of wipes in their cart.

Walmart. Stopped in out of curiosity. Plenty of disinfecting wipes and soap. Couldn't find any hand sanitizer. Looked around pretty thoroughly. On the way out saw a whole bunch sitting to the side on a shelf. Grabbed a bunch. Everything else was business as usual

Overall I picked up some extras here and there in anticipation of worst case if I have more than me at home
    Last edited by Arik; 02-29-20 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Crazy, especially asking people to wipe the cart compared to here. We did Costco and Lowe’s today along with one or two other places. The only unusual thing is that all of Lowe’s masks are gone, this is a different store than I posted about a few days ago. I saw one old lady in a surgical mask and gloves but her husband wasn’t so I assumed immunocompromised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Crazy, especially asking people to wipe the cart compared to here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess they're trying to be proactive

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From what Ive seen, heard & read & been told- in about a month or less, pretty much everything from China/Asia will be gone..electronics,clothing,shoes, car parts..we are having extreme difficulty at my job getting parts. Lines are shut down or run for one or two days a week.
    SOOOO many times since I was young & started to be aware of SHTF/EOTWAWKI/ect...Ive see things I thought "Well, this IS it, finally happening". Then, it doesnt.
    MYSELF- I credit Almighty God. Now, as a believer, I know disease is included in end time tribulations & cannot be discounted. Plus, the unreal locusts swarms in Africa & China & other places, along with pretty much everything else we've been told was coming.
    All that, to say this...Im still not worried about COVID...today, for now. I am aware of the public's response, however, and that whether justified or not, is my main concern at this point.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    From what Ive seen, heard & read & been told- in about a month or less, pretty much everything from China/Asia will be gone..electronics,clothing,shoes, car parts..we are having extreme difficulty at my job getting parts. Lines are shut down or run for one or two days a week.
    SOOOO many times since I was young & started to be aware of SHTF/EOTWAWKI/ect...Ive see things I thought "Well, this IS it, finally happening". Then, it doesnt.
    MYSELF- I credit Almighty God. Now, as a believer, I know disease is included in end time tribulations & cannot be discounted. Plus, the unreal locusts swarms in Africa & China & other places, along with pretty much everything else we've been told was coming.
    All that, to say this...Im still not worried about COVID...today, for now. I am aware of the public's response, however, and that whether justified or not, is my main concern at this point.
    Good!

(I mean it's not good but...)

Maybe it's the kick in the pants we need to bring manufacturing back

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stopped by a Home Depot today and picked up a roll of murder plastic and a couple more boxes of the heavy duty contractor clean up trash bags, can't have too many. Didn't think to look for masks but already setting pretty good there and if things get too spicy always got the MCU-2/P's and M40's. For those of you that have a protective mask that takes a 40 mm filter MIRA Safety is selling a six pack of biological filters for $150.

https://www.mirasafety.com/products/...b71bd6e2&_ss=r

I did get another email from them apologizing for being absolutely slammed with orders and requests for information. They are a DOD supplier so I suspect they got hit with a big order. Meanwhile their CBRN filters are 2-4 week back ordered. Hope I get the bio filters I ordered but if not still have some good CBRN filters, just hate to waste them on a puny biological.

https://www.mirasafety.com/collectio...fe61ac011769ee

Hey just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that bug ain't out to get me. Now where the hell did I put the JSList?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-29-20 at 18:37.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Good!

(I mean it's not good but...)

Maybe it's the kick in the pants we need to bring manufacturing back
    I hope & pray, that somehow, this opens people minds that we need to cut back on dependence on other countries, especially "enemy" ones, and start relying on OURSELVES again.
    The F we cant do it..we did it for 200 years. I myself remember when almost nothing but junk toys & trinkets came marked "Made in China".
    All our electronics nearly were made here, clothing, shoes, tools, just almost everything was made here.
    Sam Walton..God rest his soul...wasnt cold in the grave before Walmart said F America & went for the almighty dollar. I blame them for starting this & giving China the boost it desperately needed THEN to get its manufacturing base modernized & expanded.
    GONE were flags & signs in WM that said.."THIS item created 32 jobs in Macon GA"..."THIS doo dad created 19 jobs in Cullman AL"...ect. ect.
    Other companies saw the profits & soon followed. I saw clothing manufacturers one after another, close. I saw other factories close forever.
    I want my country back. If it takes a calamity that wipes them out, that aint MY doing. Outside of some very geographically specific things like precious metals for example, we dont NEED to do business with people/countries who want us destroyed..we do it for THE DOLLAR.
    I really hope this wakes us up, and makes America much more self reliant-again.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 02-29-20 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I hope & pray, that somehow, this opens people minds that we need to cut back on dependence on other countries, especially "enemy" ones, and start relying on OURSELVES again.
    The F we cant do it..we did it for 200 years. I myself remember when almost nothing but junk toys & trinkets came marked "Made in China".
    All our electronics nearly were made here, clothing, shoes, tools, just almost everything was made here.
    Sam Walton..God rest his soul...wasnt cold in the grave before Walmart said F America & went for the almighty dollar. I blame them for starting this & giving China the boost it desperately needed THEN to get its manufacturing base modernized & expanded.
    GONE were flags & signs in WM that said.."THIS item created 32 jobs in Macon GA"..."THIS doo dad created 19 jobs in Cullman AL"...ect. ect.
    Other companies saw the profits & soon followed. I saw clothing manufacturers one after another, close. I saw other factories close forever.
    I want my country back. If it takes a calamity that wipes them out, that aint MY doing. Outside of some very geographically specific things like precious metals for example, we dont NEED to do business with people/countries who want us destroyed..we do it for THE DOLLAR.
    I really hope this wakes us up, and makes America much more self reliant-again.
    I’ll second that. FFS Congress has to pass the Berry Act to get defense contractors not to source their parts from China. Talk about cutting your own throat.

I’ll know this is on to something real when Apple moves out of Foxconn and back here. Don’t forget GM closing factories here just last year and moving production to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast