Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Doubletap...
    Last edited by flenna; 02-26-20 at 19:24.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    With the fact that the USA gets 80% of the antibiotics today from China, plus other meds. I can see the potential for this getting very good for the USA in the long run.

If we run out of meds, because of this and people start having issues or even dying, this could be leveraged into big time anti China sentiment. Which hopefully will lead to Congress passing a bill outlawing importation of any thing from China.
    Where is this stat supported? A quick Google didn't turn up much other than what could easily be mostly BS.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I recently heard a podcast interview with Rosemary Gibson, who has testified before Congress on the danger of our country's dependence on China for a large percentage of critical medications. It was very sobering and highlights the fact that, once again, our elected officials neglect to protect us from another very real and existential threat.
    Per usual, follow the $$$
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    N95 masks?

Feedback Score
    Seems there is a lot of off-topic bullshit and childish tantrums developing in this thread - strongly suggest plotting a course for correction and corrected course before this one runs into that "Here there be Monsters" part of the chart.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    Can't prep enough for what's coming.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So the quick and dirty prep for anyone just cruising by the thread looks like what?

1. Water - I hear 1 gal/person/day but that seems unrealistic. How much does a household actually need?

2. Food - Pretty easy really. Peanut butter, canned tuna, canned beans, canned veggies, frozen meat, etc.

3. Meds - Couple months of Rx's, otherwise standard first aid stuff. What about cold/flu specific meds?

4. Toiletries - Lots of TP, antibacterial soap, etc. What about alcohol (what type specifically)?

5. Cash - Couple thousand in twenties just in case?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    So the quick and dirty prep for anyone just cruising by the thread looks like what?

1. Water - I hear 1 gal/person/day but that seems unrealistic. How much does a household actually need?

2. Food - Pretty easy really. Peanut butter, canned tuna, canned beans, canned veggies, frozen meat, etc.

3. Meds - Couple months of Rx's, otherwise standard first aid stuff. What about cold/flu specific meds?

4. Toiletries - Lots of TP, antibacterial soap, etc. What about alcohol (what type specifically)?

5. Cash - Couple thousand in twenties just in case?
    Depending on specifics like location (climate) and others, a gallon a day is probably a safe planning factor. Most people don’t actually drink that much so you’ll likely use closer to .5-.75 gallons a day per person, but one gallon is usually a good baseline even for someone who has worked out and needs to rehydrate. Keep in mind that’s just drinking water though.

Personal opinion but I don’t know how useful that much cash will be. Obviously have some, but if the world is ending I doubt cash or even gold and silver will be worth anything. Resources and labor/skills will be the primary currency for a long time IMO. I’m curious what others have to say on it through because I doubt we’re going to be at that level and the situation in between is almost harder to predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...outputType=amp

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    They already have...you are just too blind to see it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    Seems there is a lot of off-topic bullshit and childish tantrums developing in this thread - strongly suggest plotting a course for correction and corrected course before this one runs into that "Here there be Monsters" part of the chart.
    Thread cleaned up, please hit the report post on particular items if there's something we missed.
    Knock it off guys. If your post is about another member, snarky, sarcastic, etc, it's getting deleted. Don't bother posting it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast