Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    First you all say you don't buy government numbers, then use government numbers? I'm unclear what the sourced are for the figures being thrown around. Right now, it's a very fluid situation and actual accurate numbers are few and far between, and my understanding was what I wrote above and requested an opinion from the doc on the topic as no doubt he's on top of it. I'm seeing conflicting numbers (as expected) and the H1N1 flu virus was worse, at least so far.
    Are you talking this years strain? 2019-2020 there were two flu's with CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through February 15, 2020, there have been: 29,000,000 – 41,000,000 flu illnesses with 13,000,000 – 19,000,000flu medical visits 280,000 – 500,000 flu hospitalizations and 16,000 – 41,000 flu deaths.

So 4 1/2 months of flu season so far vs 1 1/2 months for Covid-19, so get back to us in 3 months, and while waiting look at the reaction and what they are doing to try and stop it in infected cities. Again actions (it's the black death) vs words (just a flu bro),
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-26-20 at 12:58.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Anyone audacious enough to equate this with the flu is an abject dipshit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Are you talking this years strain? 2019-2020 there were two flu's with CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through February 15, 2020, there have been: 29,000,000 – 41,000,000 flu illnesses with 13,000,000 – 19,000,000flu medical visits 280,000 – 500,000 flu hospitalizations and 16,000 – 41,000 flu deaths.

So 5 1/2 months of flu season so far vs 1 1/2 months for Corvid-19, so get back to us in 4 months, and while waiting look at the reaction and what they are doing to try and stop it in infected cities. Again actions (it's the black death) vs words (just a flu bro),
    H1N1 (AKA “swine flu”) was originally 2009 I believe and sub types exist now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influe...s_subtype_H1N1

"...sickening more than 60 million in the U.S. alone and killing some half a million worldwide."

And:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-that-category

Fact is, no one really knows just how virulent this new virus is, and it's best practices to try and contain it if at all possible due to that fact.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-26-20 at 13:34.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    >Doesn't know about Pandemic Bonds, and the PEF.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Everything I'm reading by non hysterical science based sources suggests COVID-19 is considerably less dangerous than influenza, and a virologist I listened to on NPR said while it's more transmissible than prior viruses in this family, it's also less virulent than prior viruses such as SARS. While I sure as hell would prefer to not have COVID-19, I'm unclear what the freak out is about. Do you have some thoughts on that one?
    Business as usual on M4C General Discussion. Same actors predicting the end of the world when ebola was a thing. Google searches are ongoing, minds are made up. No point in engaging. Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Business as usual on M4C General Discussion. Same actors predicting the end of the world when ebola was a thing. Google searches are ongoing, minds are made up. No point in engaging. Time will tell.
    And if the sources they use support their expectation bias, all other sources are of no value, etc. From everything I'm reading, dangerous for people of a certain age and or with comorbidity, not a big deal for the rest, not as virulent as SARs, or perhaps influenza strains such as H1N1 in 2009.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    And if the sources they use support their expectation bias, all other sources are of no value, etc. From everything I'm reading, dangerous for people of a certain age and or with comorbidity, not a big deal for the rest, not as virulent as SARs, or perhaps influenza strains such as H1N1 in 2009.
    Dude, actions vs words.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Dude, actions vs words.
    Pretty much this, if you are completely scientifically illiterate just look at what governments are doing vs what they are saying.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dunno. This whole cock-up is rife with rumor, conspiracy theory, hysteria, and fake news. Hard to know what the truth is but right now the whole thing is mostly just mental masturbation. Until more information is available, I plan to do nothing other than the standard precautions that drive my professional life for working in frequent contact with people that might be infected with a respiratory droplet and fomite-mediated respiratory virus. I get frequent email updates from the CDC, the state health department, and incessant emails from the hospital's infection control people. I'll avoid M4C for virus guidance for the time being....I can always come back here for advice if the CDC fails me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Dunno. This whole cock-up is rife with rumor, conspiracy theory, hysteria, and fake news. Hard to know what the truth is but right now the whole thing is mostly just mental masturbation. Until more information is available, I plan to do nothing other than the standard precautions that drive my professional life for working in frequent contact with people that might be infected with a respiratory droplet and fomite-mediated respiratory virus. I get frequent email updates from the CDC, the state health department, and incessant emails from the hospital's infection control people. I'll avoid M4C for virus guidance for the time being....I can always come back here for advice if the CDC fails me.
    Sage advice that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast