Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Boomers itt:

[ ] Not mad
    [X] Mad

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Pretty much this, if you are completely scientifically illiterate just look at what governments are doing vs what they are saying.
    I can assure you of one thing: I'm not the sci/med illiterate person in this thread. I have many faults, that's not one of them. As the doc said "rumor, conspiracy theory, hysteria, and fake news" is difficult to parse from what's actually known that this time, and sources I'm reading indicate I as I already stated.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So tell us Will, what do you make of the Chinese reaction to this, locking down millions of people, disinfecting entire city streets, shutting down factories and shipping for a month longer than normal. Shipping to/from China is running at about 10% of normal but nah, nothing to worry about right?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    He already told you, “iTs JuSt a fLu BrO.”

Don’t waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    So tell us Will, what do you make of the Chinese reaction to this, locking down millions of people, disinfecting entire city streets, shutting down factories and shipping for a month longer than normal. Shipping to/from China is running at about 10% of normal but nah, nothing to worry about right?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Where did I indicate there's nothing to worry about? I really thought most people here were switched on enough to know government's are no different that individuals in that their responses to things often have as much to do with perception, hysteria, rumor, and agenda etc, as they do to any science, but I guess not. I don't have the answers and neither do you et al. I do know the virus has been examined first hand in the US and other countries, and while they're still getting a full handle on it, a good amount is also known about it. I thought this was a useful article for example of where it may fall compared to some others, context, etc:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-a-deadly-turn

Again, so far, it appears that for typical healthy person, it's unpleasant but not as dangerous as some others, for those of a certain age, those with co morbidity, who do experience issues, facility rate runs approx 2% (SARs for example was 10%) and the world could easily do without it if possible.

Or, it's a super bug China accidentally released from a weapons lab and it's Ebola squared and the Chinese are trying to stop it.

As the rest of the world now has the virus to actually examine and test, so far, does not appear to be the case. I also thought this was a balanced discussion on terms of context:

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...reating-bigger
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-26-20 at 17:41.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    He already told you, “iTs JuSt a fLu BrO.”

Don’t waste your time.
    Nah, it's Chinese super bug made in their labs to trick all the top virologists in the world who have seen it, and 9/11 was an inside job and no planes actually hit the buildings, both done by the same group.

Guess what bro, the truth will be found some place in the middle but google fu experts will continue claim they know best of course.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Just talked to a buddy in a gov agency (don’t want to name) about this. Quote “Lots of high side stuff. Not going to go into it. My advice is to look at actions not words”.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    straw man
    /ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    noun: strawman
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nah, it's Chinese super bug made in their labs to trick all the top virologists in the world who have seen it, and 9/11 was an inside job and no planes actually hit the buildings, both done by the same group.

Guess what bro, the truth will in be found some place in the middle but google fu experts will continue claim they know best of course.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    With the fact that the USA gets 80% of the antibiotics today from China, plus other meds. I can see the potential for this getting very good for the USA in the long run.

If we run out of meds, because of this and people start having issues or even dying, this could be leveraged into big time anti China sentiment. Which hopefully will lead to Congress passing a bill outlawing importation of any thing from China.
    Which could be a serious national security threat to the US. I started a thread about that, but it was crickets. I'm more worried about that than I am about CORVID-19:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Exposes-China%
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Which could be a serious national security threat to the US. I started a thread about that, but it was crickets. I'm more worried about that than I am about CORVID-19:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Exposes-China%
    I recently heard a podcast interview with Rosemary Gibson, who has testified before Congress on the danger of our country's dependence on China for a large percentage of critical medications. It was very sobering and highlights the fact that, once again, our elected officials neglect to protect us from another very real and existential threat.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast