Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    What is the Cliff Notes shoppers guide? I looked at N95 masks on Amazon. The designs seem to be all over the place. What specs are we looking for?

The FDA has cleared the following N95 respirators for use by the general public in public health medical emergencies:

3M™ Particulate Respirator 8670F
    3M™ Particulate Respirator 8612F
    Pasture Tm F550G Respirator
    Pasture Tm A520G Respirator
    https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...95-respirators

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    15 cases in the USA, you got a better chance of winning the lottery.
    You have a MUCH better chance of dying from influenza.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    You have a MUCH better chance of dying from influenza.
    I am so happy this is something static and not subject to change.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I am so happy this is something static and not subject to change.
    It might change a little. There might be a few more infections but I'll be surprised if anyone dies. But in the US COVID-19 won't be anywhere near the threat to public health that influenza is. That said...you can go get some CDC-level PPE which will render you safe from both COVID-19 and influenza, so it solves your COVID-19 concerns and can keep you from catching the flu . Win-Win.

Works for ebola too...bonus
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-14-20 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    I built an AR15 pistol.
    Bought a box of N95 masks & a box of nitride gloves.
    Stocking up on beans, tuna & pasta.
    Dusted off the elliptical. Want to start doing some cardio.
    I'll update my backpacking gear for bugout.
    Talking with friends & family instead of visiting. Partly because I've had a dry cough for a few weeks & dont want to pass anything to them.

Theres a vid on yt today of a doctor talking with a nurse in buffalo ny who said theres a lot of infected but not being reported & that a firefighter was forced to remove a post about it on facebook by a cdc rep? The doctor said he was going to call his Senator to find out whats going on.

Heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejULhB69zLs

Interesting that walmart pulled their 556 ammo when they did.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    No. Be aware that the industrial-use N95 masks that you bought at Home Depot and labeled "For Industrial Use" are different than the FDA-approved N95 masks used in healthcare settings and aren't approved for that use because of their lack of demonstrated effectiveness against pathogens. Quality control is aimed at dust and fiberglass particles, not viruses. The N95 masks that are suitable for medical use are single-use items.

The cooler masks you talk of have an exhalation valve. Also not for medical use.
    I concur with this post...they are totally two different types of mask.

My old dept is in constant communications with the CDC and we are getting a little nervous about the enter situation, especially when China is not giving out the correct numbers...

Feedback Score
    The ‘N95’ designation means the mask blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles. coronavirus is 1 micron. That said its airborne so it can enter through your eyes if you're just wearing a half mask.

Feedback Score
    Stay well away from people and you will have no chance of being infected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Stay well away from people and you will have no chance of being infected.
    In theory, yes.

I prefer to do my errands at off-hours anyway but if everyday business has you out where people have been, the virus can still be present even if the people with it have come and gone. Good illness prevention like washing your hands and keeping from touching your face is still best practice, as it can apparently live on smooth surfaces for some time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StovePipe_Jammer View Post
    In theory, yes.

I prefer to do my errands at off-hours anyway but if everyday business has you out where people have been, the virus can still be present even if the people with it have come and gone. Good illness prevention like washing your hands and keeping from touching your face is still best practice, as it can apparently live on smooth surfaces for some time.
    Wearing a mask is a reminder not to touch your face, and while the industrial N95 might not be as effective as the medical it is miles ahead of the old style surgical mask. Also unless you are working as a care giver your PPE needs can be met with lower grades of equimpent and just staying away from people. But like mentioned above one N95 mask is not going to cut it if you are exposed, you need to change them out regularly and goggles will also be needed if you are in close proximity to the infected. You also need to know the procedure for doffing your PPE, while it may protect you while worn taking it off the wrong way may very well cause you to infect yourself.

https://www.registerednursern.com/do...-nclex-review/
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-19-20 at 08:55.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast