Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    worst case scenario I have a freezer full of venison that can sustain me for a while. Definitely not worried about any real issues from this.
    Are you running an LP freezer or have solar/diesel generator alternate electric source?

Feedback Score
    IDK, given the fact that people kill each other over chicken sandwiches, stomp each other over TV's, the hoarding, panic buying, and general dementia that consumes the unwashed masses makes one ponder, is a viral pandemic that can potentially eliminate such vermin really a bad thing ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Are you running an LP freezer or have solar/diesel generator alternate electric source?
    Why are you implying that local electrical power will be down?

Even during the Baltimore or whatever riots the power was still on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Why are you implying that local electrical power will be down?

Even during the Baltimore or whatever riots the power was still on.
    The riot didn't spill over to the power plant property though.

Frozen food is actually more of a concern during bad weather events. A few days of power being out with temps above freezing can end up being a mess. I really need to start canning deer instead of just freezing them.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 03-09-20 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    Peak pandemic is estimated to be around June and run for a minimum of an additional six months barring re-infection rates. So if say 70% of the population in the lower 48 is infected at a rate of 6.1% deaths with care or 21.89% without care once the hospitals are over run- then expect some disruptions in public services. At minimum get yourself a few DIY rain barrels to tap into your down spouts and storage barrels to treat drinking water. Also perhaps get a few 55 gallon steel drums to burn trash in case they are no longer collecting. Figure you have till about the end of April to get ready.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Peak pandemic is estimated to be around June and run for a minimum of an additional six months barring re-infection rates. So if say 70% of the population in the lower 48 is infected at a rate of 6.1% deaths with care or 21.89% without care once the hospitals are over run- then expect some disruptions in public services. At minimum get yourself a few DIY rain barrels to tap into your down spouts and storage barrels to treat drinking water. Also perhaps get a few 55 gallon steel drums to burn trash in case they are no longer collecting. Figure you have till about the end of April to get ready.

I was reading some of the latest threads and starting to get a little concerned about oil prices, my 401(k) and investment account and still needing to write a check to the IRS. Thanks for your post, it really gave me a chuckle and helped me relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The riot didn't spill over to the power plant property though.

Frozen food is actually more of a concern during bad weather events. A few days of power being out with temps above freezing can end up being a mess. I really need to start canning deer instead of just freezing them.
    What exactly are you saying would cause the power plants to cease operation from a Corvid19 outbreak?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    IDK, given the fact that people kill each other over chicken sandwiches, stomp each other over TV's, the hoarding, panic buying, and general dementia that consumes the unwashed masses makes one ponder, is a viral pandemic that can potentially eliminate such vermin really a bad thing ?
    How will that selectively eliminate such people? Some people have watched too many Thunder Dome movies and such. If one wants to say that such viruses clean out the weak and select for the strong, well, that's essentially accurate, but when you're beloved mother is one of them, such things don't seem to apply. Depends on how one wants to view it I suppose.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What exactly are you saying would cause the power plants to cease operation from a Corvid19 outbreak?
    Lack of workers, things don't just run forever, everything has to keep working the fuel delivery system, the power generation plant, the distribution system. Depending on he duration, a total blackout is not likely but brownouts, localized blackouts, extended times on repair work are likely after a few weeks of a major outbreak. Worst case scenario is a major weather event disrupting the distribution system, look at what a Hurricane can do with everyone being healthy.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-09-20 at 11:30.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Illness and quarantines seem to be having a detrimental effect on Chinese industry, so who knows?

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast