Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Someone needs to tell them it’s a nothingburger and to quit acting like the sky is falling.

It’s just a flu, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    This covid19 situation is getting a bit more interesting/complicated. Assorted reports from Italy instituting containment procedures utilizing .mil and LE for a fairly extensive population area (+/-50,000 people); the US citizens being flown back on a commercial airliner with minimal protection to all the unknowing passengers on the same aircraft, leading to possibly more asymptomatic carriers, the FBI purchasing n95 masks and purrell, the DOD ordering certain marine units to practice containment protocols, just seems that things MAY become a bit more serious than another run of the mill flu outbreak. We shall see. In the meantime I'm washing my hands more than usual and keeping hand sanitizer in my vehicle, its the little things after all.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    While we are talking Corvid-19 preps don't forget to consider non medical supplies that might be in short supply over the coming months due to supply chain disruptions. There is a very real possibility that anything we rely on not just from China but all of Asia might be in short supply once in stock and in transit items are gone. One thing I can think of right off is lithium batteries, a whole lot of these come from Asia.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckFart View Post
    I think shortages of main stays has the potential to be a greater disruption to most than the actual disease. Can you imagine if some disease outbreak occurred in the world's oil producing areas?
    imagine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    While we are talking Corvid-19 preps don't forget to consider non medical supplies that might be in short supply over the coming months due to supply chain disruptions. There is a very real possibility that anything we rely on not just from China but all of Asia might be in short supply once in stock and in transit items are gone. One thing I can think of right off is lithium batteries, a whole lot of these come from Asia.

I'll say it, this is the end of civilization as we know it. We think there is going to be a small disruption in supplies. We think we need a couple months of food. Them telling us to wash our hands, change our daily routines a little- all trying to instill in us that this is temporary, not to panic, and it will all just go away. It won't. It's going to keep breaking out over and over burning through populations re-infecting people until all daily life grinds to a complete stand still. Once the food shortages kick in and people realize there will be no replenishment of goods- it will become apocalyptic. The only thing we should be doing right now across every firearms board is starting to organize because once the lights go off it's going to be a shit show.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I'll say it, this is the end of civilization as we know it. We think there is going to be a small disruption in supplies. We think we need a couple months of food. Them telling us to wash our hands, change our daily routines a little- all trying to instill in us that this is temporary, not to panic, and it will all just go away. It won't. It's going to keep breaking out over and over burning through populations re-infecting people until all daily life grinds to a complete stand still. Once the food shortages kick in and people realize there will be no replenishment of goods- it will become apocalyptic. The only thing we should be doing right now across every firearms board is starting to organize because once the lights go off it's going to be a shit show.
    Ok this may just be a wee bit premature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well that escalated quickly.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-23-20 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Now we’re talkin!!!!!

Feedback Score
    You don’t have a crystal ball. Be reasonable.

Be cautious, be prepared, be educated. But also, be reasonable. Don’t give yourself a panic attack.

Yes, you should start organizing with family and friends and making sure you’re telling them that this COULD POTENTIALLY create issues for the unprepared. This would be in YOUR best interests, because they’ll be coming to you for help if they fail to take adequate precautions. If they are able to bug in and be ok, then they aren’t your problem. Tell them to stock up now while things are in-stock.

But as far as “the lights going out and becoming a shit show.” No. Just, no. Has that happened in China? They’re dealing with COVID19 at full tilt right now. Has their power gone out? You gotta put down the James Wesley Rawles books and chill out. With all due respect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    You don’t have a crystal ball. Be reasonable.

Be cautious, be prepared, be educated. But also, be reasonable. Don’t give yourself a panic attack.

Yes, you should start organizing with family and friends and making sure you’re telling them that this COULD POTENTIALLY create issues for the unprepared. This would be in YOUR best interests, because they’ll be coming to you for help if they fail to take adequate precautions. If they are able to bug in and be ok, then they aren’t your problem. Tell them to stock up now while things are in-stock.

But as far as “the lights going out and becoming a shit show.” No. Just, no. Has that happened in China? They’re dealing with COVID19 at full tilt right now. Has their power gone out? You gotta put down the James Wesley Rawles books and chill out. With all due respect.

I am being reasonable. We are five to six weeks behind where they are now and they haven't even reached "full tilt" status just yet- not even close. They went from 40 infections in mid December to welding up apartment buildings and locking down entire regions with hundreds of millions within two months. At this point there is nothing to show that this will be contained.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "Flugaloo", perhaps?

As my avatar says, "if you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, you're ready for any emergency." I never thought I'd actually get a chance to say that out loud.
    Last edited by Boy Scout; 02-24-20 at 04:10.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast