Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mexican 6920 on Gunbroker currently at $1276 with 29 bids

Feedback Score
    I dont have a link bookmarked. But google it.

Feedback Score
    Colt announced they would stop civilian sales mid 2019. I have a few friends over there and that is indeed a fact. Most of their business is gov sales for the AR market. I don’t think it is political acquiesce it really seems like their market share severely declined with all the other great options we have right now. I don’t think there is anything special about Colt 6920s. Great rifle but for 1200 there are plenty of other great options. Actually the last duty use Colt we got had to go back to the factory..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    A friend payed $1,240 each for two random parts builds 25 years ago and was happy he could get them at that price. I bought a Bushmaster Dissipator for $890 in '93 and it was a good deal. I paid $179 for a MAK-90 in '92 and then I was pissed when I saw them a couple of weeks later at a gun show for $139 each. I just sold an original barrel Bulgarian AK74 parts kit on GunBroker for $999 that I paid $250 ten years ago. It's all supply and demand. If something seems like a good deal, buy it. I bought four of the Mexican 6920's.
    It's interesting how all that works over the years. I recently found the receipt for the Bushmaster XM15-E2S that I bought in October 2004, as soon as one was available at my local shop after the AWB sunset. I paid $989.97 for it with tax. At the time, Colts were around $1,200, I think, but they were out of stock everywhere. Bushmasters were "the next best thing," but I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the parts and overall feel of the rifle. It turned me off from ARs for about 9 years, although I just recently updated it into a pretty decent rifle with a new BCG, BCM furniture and FCG, and a few other things (adding about another $300 to what I had initially sunk into it). It was a fun upgrade project, at least.

A few months later, in early 2005, I bought a barely used (maybe 200 rounds through it) Arsenal SA M-7 from a friend who was going through some financial hardship for $600 with ten magazines. I think that package would be worth about 3 times that nowadays, while my Bushmaster might sell for half of what I put into it...

Feedback Score
    There are still rifles available to the civilian market.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...e6920-fbp2.htm

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    I'd be very wary of any complete rifles that Arms Unlimited is selling. They sometime piece together rifles from parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd be very wary of any complete rifles that Arms Unlimited is selling. They sometime piece together rifles from parts.
    Knowing that, I validated with Colt that this is a legitimate factory configuration.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    The Colt LE901-16SE was a legitimate factory configuration. Unfortunately, when I called Colt with the serial number they informed me that the receiver was sold as a spare part. Arms Unlimited confirmed they assembled it after I pressed them. They did refund my money and I was able to purchase a factory built LE901-16SE from another vendor for $100 more.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Warp, Colt themselves said that.
    Link? That's not what I saw them say.
    Because that's not what they said. They stopped production on "commercial" guns and shifted all capacity to military and LE guns. You probably won't see an Expanse, OEM or any more of the Retro line anytime soon. Getting your hands on a LE6920 of some configuration probably won't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234