Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s your opinion of MC Arid pattern?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question What’s your opinion of MC Arid pattern?

Didn’t get anything in a search, and wondered if you had given this pattern any thought. Was told Green Berets are using it overseas, but have no photos confirming.

What’s your take on MultiCam Arid pattern - an answer in search of a question? Or a serious improvement for desert environs?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Everything Multicam is awesome and works extremely well in its intended environment. I have seen pictures of SOF using it overseas but it’s in small quantities since it’s not really issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To dry for my neck of the woods, but I've seen some pictures from the airsofting crowd out west to think it's a valid and impressive desert pattern. If you've already got kit in MC, or want to stick with a family of patterns, it's a no brainer. If you're looking to wholesale invest in it as opposed to another desert pattern, I dunno. It'd still probably be effective, of course, but I guess it depends exactly on what your particular patch of the desert looks like if it'd be "the best."
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kryptek Highlander is a good pattern for areas with dry grasses, woods, marshes. Last I saw, it was also available in more clothing options than multicam arid.

(Nothing wrong with MC Arid, just options if you're looking around.)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you, Gentlemen - I very much appreciate your time, consideration, and feedback.

Feedback Score
    Related: Multicam Tropic

How is it in temperate, woodland environments? It seems to lack a lot of the browns that would be found in such environments, but overall, the colors are similar.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post

How is it in temperate, woodland environments? It seems to lack a lot of the browns that would be found in such environments, but overall, the colors are similar.
    Sound like regular MC may be a better fit. I wore MC Tropic a little bit in Hawaii and that was a great environment but regular MC is pretty good in a lot of the US, especially on the east coast.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Sound like regular MC may be a better fit. I wore MC Tropic a little bit in Hawaii and that was a great environment but regular MC is pretty good in a lot of the US, especially on the east coast.
    Wake - Would regular MC stand out in Hawaii as too light?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post

I'd say it depends on the time of year and local terrain. I've got a set specifically for late spring/early summer in Kansas when the woods get quite leafy and green. Here are some photos I took several years ago. Not scientific, and the camera used wasn't particularly good (requiring some work to restore the coloration) but I think it works well, and likely better than traditional MC for this specific time of year/terrain combo.

EDIT: Anyone else think we should have a thread for the MC family of patterns? I feel like a single unified thread would be a great idea, rather than seporate discussions on Arid, Tropic, Alpine, Black, and original. Seems like this thread is morphing that way anyway.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 02-18-20 at 10:14.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Wake - Would regular MC stand out in Hawaii as too light?
    Depends on what you're comparing it to. Generally, not in my opinion. But MC Tropic would be much better. Of course this depends on the area as even Oahu has a wide range of colors. MC is fantastic as an all purpose color so I'm a big fan of the concept of kit in MC and base uniform in either Arid or Tropic. Ironically I went from an ideal place for Tropic to an ideal place for Arid.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast