Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s your opinion of MC Arid pattern?

Feedback Score
    While we're at it, does anyone have any thoughts on All Terrain Tiger compared to traditional Multicam?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    While we're at it, does anyone have any thoughts on All Terrain Tiger compared to traditional Multicam?
    I’d have to find the link, but even Nam vet SF said they got tiger stripe because it was cooler looking, not better camouflage. Especially with everyone else wearing OG 107 or similar.

Tiger stripe is crap for general use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Tiger stripe is crap for general use.
    The original tiger stripe, as in was it the color that's the problem? Or just any tiger stripe? If it's the latter, I'm guessing that it has to do with the mostly horizontal-only pattern?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    The original color weren’t good, but the pattern itself fails pretty consistently in tests. Note the USAF had it as a glamour uniform but wouldn’t allow it deployed in a combat zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I like AT Tiger for cool guy reasons, and I'd love to find some Crye-style combat pants to wear to the range/classes. That said, for any serious use, I wouldn't really consider it. It's colors match up well with MC gear, but the pattern isn't great.

As for Tiger Stripe in general failing, that's odd. I've heard that the Tiger Stripe version of MARPAT was actually superior to the digital version, but the digital version was chosen because it looked more modern. Considering how prevailent the pattern family is, I'd be shocked to learn it has has a fundamental flaw.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12