Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still shoot 6.8?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody still shoot 6.8?

I was bitten by the 6.8 bug when it was the latest and greatest. I built a 10.5 Noveske pistol and a 16 ARP rifle. Both are accurate as hell and hard hitting. I stocked up on boxes and boxes of XM68GD when they were cheap. Still have a lot of it. I never hear about 6.8 anymore. What happened? Anybody else still shoot this caliber?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a co-worker who shoots it...or says he does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I was bitten by the 6.8 bug when it was the latest and greatest. I built a 10.5 Noveske pistol and a 16 ARP rifle. Both are accurate as hell and hard hitting. I stocked up on boxes and boxes of XM68GD when they were cheap. Still have a lot of it. I never hear about 6.8 anymore. What happened? Anybody else still shoot this caliber?
    Most are hog and deer hunters and if they post online it's on 68forums. I still sell more 6.8 barrels than 5.56 but it's close and 10 of those to 1 of any other caliber.
    Last edited by constructor; 02-14-20 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    I love my 6.8's, have 2 16 inch builds and a 10.5 pistol. Also just built a long range rig based off the 6.8 case, but that probably doesnt count. Other than whacking steel, its great for deer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like 6.8, though I just sold my last ARP barreled upper to streamline my gear.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 03-22-20 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's not the latest and greatest cartridge, so all-purpose forums don't talk about it much.

I don't shoot it often, but I won't be getting rid of mine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really like mine and shoot it occasionally, but I'd say for the time being I'm more of a 6.8 ammo hoarder than shooter.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    It's not the latest and greatest cartridge, so all-purpose forums don't talk about it much.
    Agree, the 300, Grendel and 6.8 are all old news. The Grendel forum has never had as much traffic as the 6.8 forum has but both are pretty slow at the moment. We selling more barrels now than we ever have but not much posting going on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mad Dog Weapons has an "Ackley Improved" 6.8 they call the 27 GPC.

https://www.maddogweapons.com/mdws-gpc-family.html

I have no experience with any of the GPC cartridges. Has anyone here messed with them?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Havent heard of that one. I just built a 22 inch barreled AR in 5.68 TLR, which is a 6.8 case necked down to 22 caliber and a shoulder angle change. Info I have is it will push a 75 Grn bullet at close to 3100 FPS. I've loaded up some test loads with Hornady 75 Grn ELD-M's, but havent had time to play with it yet. Guy who developed the cartridge said it can be pushed faster than 224 Valkyrie.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast