Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still shoot 6.8?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody still shoot 6.8?

I was bitten by the 6.8 bug when it was the latest and greatest. I built a 10.5 Noveske pistol and a 16 ARP rifle. Both are accurate as hell and hard hitting. I stocked up on boxes and boxes of XM68GD when they were cheap. Still have a lot of it. I never hear about 6.8 anymore. What happened? Anybody else still shoot this caliber?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a co-worker who shoots it...or says he does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I was bitten by the 6.8 bug when it was the latest and greatest. I built a 10.5 Noveske pistol and a 16 ARP rifle. Both are accurate as hell and hard hitting. I stocked up on boxes and boxes of XM68GD when they were cheap. Still have a lot of it. I never hear about 6.8 anymore. What happened? Anybody else still shoot this caliber?
    Most are hog and deer hunters and if they post online it's on 68forums. I still sell more 6.8 barrels than 5.56 but it's close and 10 of those to 1 of any other caliber.
    Last edited by constructor; 02-14-20 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    I love my 6.8's, have 2 16 inch builds and a 10.5 pistol. Also just built a long range rig based off the 6.8 case, but that probably doesnt count. Other than whacking steel, its great for deer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like 6.8, though I just sold my last ARP barreled upper to streamline my gear.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 03-22-20 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's not the latest and greatest cartridge, so all-purpose forums don't talk about it much.

I don't shoot it often, but I won't be getting rid of mine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really like mine and shoot it occasionally, but I'd say for the time being I'm more of a 6.8 ammo hoarder than shooter.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Love my 6.8. reload for it, target shoot with it just because, and hunt with it. It is a great light weight package to pack in the woods and hits hard. Brass seems to last forever as well. 6.8 is the sleeper of the small frame AR IMO.

Feedback Score
    I love my ARP barreled 6.8s!! The 6.8 is as awesome as ever, despite that its not currently making the gun rag headlines. The 6.8x43 is now very well developed with high-quality components broadly available. People that use their rifles for things more serious than inanimate steel and paper targets enjoy some of the best terminal performance available in the standard AR platform. I use 5.56 for training and fun because its cheap and abundant, but if I'm after those pesky feral pigs or protecting myself, its always with one of the 6.8 carbines. The 6.8 makes a standard AR about all it can be. I truly miss the cheap XM68GD, but you should see what a 90gr TNT (Federal AE6890VP) does to a coyote. As an aside, and although its a different cartridge, its kind of telling that DoD is working toward deploying new weapons in 6.8mm - too bad it won't be the 6.8x43. I won't be getting rid of mine and friends that shoot mine end up wanting to get one of their own. I do need to pick up some more of that 90 gr Federal load.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

Stops jihadis on contact - Lets Roll!

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What are your guys' favorite mags to use? I do own some PRI's and Barrett's but it has been a few years since I have purchased any 6.8 mags. Are there other good options?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast