Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still shoot 6.8?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    What are your guys' favorite mags to use? I do own some PRI's and Barrett's but it has been a few years since I have purchased any 6.8 mags. Are there other good options?
    Interested in this too. All I have are PRI's (one 15rd and six 25rd).
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I like the dedicated 6.8 Pmags in my Sulzer lower/upper. Unfortunately they seem to be out of business. So AFAIK the overpriced LWRCi is the only other serup that uses them.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 2 ARP barreled 6.8Spc rifles. IMO its the superior AR platform caliber and those barrels are no joke in terms of accuracy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have been thinking about putting a fresh upper together and I am looking at either 6.5 Grendel or the 6.8SPC. Still in early research. This will be used for coyote and hog hunting. I would like a ‘lightweight’ setup but able to shoot 2 mags without too much POI wandering. It will be an Aero upper with BCM MLOK rail.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't heard of any new magazines that have been released. Mine are all PRI, and they work well.

Both the 6.5 and 6.8 are well suited for hogs and yotes.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see 30 round 6.8 PMAGs that can fit into the current AR magwells so that caliber change would just be an upper and bolt swap.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    I have only used PRI and Barrett. I like it that the waffle pattern on the later PRI mags is a very easy to ID visual cue that its a 6.8 mag and not 5.56
    (I use FDE mag pulls on the Barrett mags). One of the buys I shoot with has been using a few ASC mags with his 6.8 without problems, but YMMV. Neither of us reload.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

Stops jihadis on contact - Lets Roll!

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    I assembled/built a 6.8 last year and love it.
    The previous comment in this thread: "6.8 makes a standard AR about all it can be" really resonates with me.
    If 6.8 ammo had the same universal availability & cost of 5.56, I'd go entirely to 6.8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'd like to see 30 round 6.8 PMAGs that can fit into the current AR magwells so that caliber change would just be an upper and bolt swap.
    Will never happen, the plastic is not strong enough when as thin as metal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mad Dog Weapons has an "Ackley Improved" 6.8 they call the 27 GPC.

https://www.maddogweapons.com/mdws-gpc-family.html

I have no experience with any of the GPC cartridges. Has anyone here messed with them?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast