Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is an older TiRant 9 full auto rated?

Feedback Score

Is an older TiRant 9 full auto rated?

I have an older TiRant 9 that was made prior to AAC's move. AAC's website lists the TiRant 9 M as being full auto rated. I don't want to assume anything. Does anyone know for sure if the original TiRant 9's are full auto rated?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Another member her was telling me about Kevin Brittingham's philosophy on Warranties/ratings on some pod cast he'd heard.... and it boiled down to this. (third hand info for what it's worth)

He'd put a wonderful warranty on his cans because most shooters baby them and will never need any warranty.... and for the few guys that burned them up, he could piss them off and deny repair/replacement because they were a fraction of a percent of end users/customers.

"Full Auto" rating to me has always been too vague. Full auto for how much sustained fire? One "clip"? The whole 9 yards? Any can is capable of some full auto fire.

So to your original question... I don't know, and wouldn't put any stock into any rating by any manufacturer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Another member her was telling me about Kevin Brittingham's philosophy on Warranties/ratings on some pod cast he'd heard.... and it boiled down to this. (third hand info for what it's worth)

He'd put a wonderful warranty on his cans because most shooters baby them and will never need any warranty.... and for the few guys that burned them up, he could piss them off and deny repair/replacement because they were a fraction of a percent of end users/customers.

"Full Auto" rating to me has always been too vague. Full auto for how much sustained fire? One "clip"? The whole 9 yards? Any can is capable of some full auto fire.

So to your original question... I don't know, and wouldn't put any stock into any rating by any manufacturer.

It was a somewhat recent episode of ‘Q & A** The Podcast by Q’, I think Jan 24 2020, but he basically said it’s worth it to him to keep customers happy, but he’s not part of AAC so how warranty would be handled on this can nowadays, no idea.

He’s quick to answer questions though, he handles their instagram and usually replies same day, you could ask if it’s a good idea or not.
    Last edited by t1tan; 02-15-20 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Your half right. He said for people that actually shoot good on them and he will cover what ever is needed. For people that were douche bags during the process he would make it right (refund or replacement, whatever they wanted) and then tell them to f#%k off as he didn't want or need their future business.

Feedback Score
    Kevin Brittingham started AAC and has since sold it to Remington, correct? If so, how is he even relevant regarding warranties now? Wouldn't Remington in Alabama be responsible for all of the warranty claims?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Kevin Brittingham started AAC and has since sold it to Remington, correct? If so, how is he even relevant regarding warranties now? Wouldn't Remington in Alabama be responsible for all of the warranty claims?
    That's what I was saying, contact Remington for specifics on your can and how they'd handle it if there's an issue. But Kevin knows his products so you could ask him personally to see what his thoughts are if it's a good idea or not, he answers AAC product questions all the time.

Feedback Score
    I had that very same question for a older Gemtech Trenty full auto rated I have been using for years on a mp5
    I spoke with Smith & Wesson directory and was told they will warranty anything other than flat out abuse. There
    words were a complete melt down.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    1) Kevin came up with the warranty and Remington is not going to change it
    2) In the 2010 AAC catalog it says "These cans are built to take whatever you can throw at them. Load up those belts"
    3) On Silencer Talk, Keven or Silvers depending on who is answering as silencertalk who was the site admin specifically says "The TiRant is full auto rated. It is assembled like the Evo-9 but has a Ti tube and is larger in diameter so pressures are even lower." - http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/vi...44250&start=25

Google is your friend

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the information guys. I'll try it out on my heavily modified M11/Nine next time I'm at my range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    3) On Silencer Talk, Keven or Silvers depending on who is answering as silencertalk who was the site admin specifically says "The TiRant is full auto rated. It is assembled like the Evo-9 but has a Ti tube and is larger in diameter so pressures are even lower." - http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/vi...44250&start=25

Google is your friend
    Good information to have... thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast