Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Voters - horrible anti gun bill to heard Monday Morning

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Virginia Voters - horrible anti gun bill to heard Monday Morning

HB961

Link to send email to committee members to oppose.

https://americansuppressorassociatio...eid=fb01ef5221 scroll down to "take action now" for form letter auto send.

Summary
    Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators; penalties. Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, or transport a large-capacity firearm magazine, as defined in the bill, and a Class 1 misdemeanor to possess such large-capacity firearm magazine. Any person who legally owns a large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on July 1, 2020, may retain possession until January 1, 2021. During that time, such person shall (i) render the large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency.

Similar link from NRA but this page is broken for me.... https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/7835
    Last edited by tb-av; 02-14-20 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good thing I don't own any guns...

Can't wait to get the hell out of this place.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    HB961 “passed by for the year”. 10-5 vote in senate committee.

(Edit: to avoid confusion, this means that the bill isn’t going to be heard on the senate floor but may be brought up again in next year’s 2021 legislative session.)
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 02-17-20 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    So it was effectively killed in committee?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So it was effectively killed in committee?
    Yeah. Not killed as dead as I’d prefer, but it’s dead for this year at least.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I am in Virginia and have been following this closely. This may be the best result we could have asked for... by passing over for a year, it means the immediate threat is gone, but it forces us to remain engaged, involved, and aware. In other words, we are in pissed off and paying attention mode for longer. Meanwhile elections get closer and closer. We may have a shot at turning our state red over the next couple of election cycles.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up Virginia lawmakers reject Northam's assault-weapons ban, as Dems balk

Outstanding! Still have to watch these anti gun legislators though. They will come back with it! Come the next election they need to vote out these traitors!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...in-legislature
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They already said they will take it up again in a year. They are giving the state crime commission to study "the issue". If there is no change in the legislature until then, I am not sure which way it will go when they bring it back up next year.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if some legislators were simply afraid to put their names on this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if some legislators were simply afraid to put their names on this.
    They should be!
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast