Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail and Barrel Nut Tightness?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele Rail and Barrel Nut Tightness?

Which of the Geissele rails has a tight lock up with the barrel nut before it is mounted in place? I'm asking because I have heard that with some Geissele rails and barrel nuts the tolerances are loose. Also which rails should I stay away from if I'm worried about the tightness. I would prefer answers from personal experience.

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure it matters how tight the rail is as you slide it over the barrel nut BEFORE you tighten it down, but I have a MK 14 that has been bank vault tight for the last couple of years. I’ve been very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own 7 G handguards, and I have never had a problem with tightness of the barrel nut.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have had 4 Geissele handguards; Mk8, 2x Mk14 & Mk16. All were very tight fit. Geissele has said before (TOS I believe) that they hand pick barrel nuts to match a handguard to ensure a tight fit.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    My three MK 4s all have tight fit.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My MK’s 1,2,two 4’s and 8 all fit tightly in the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    Every time I have had to assemble a G rail, the fit was so tight that I had to use a nylon mallet to set the rail.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Every time I have had to assemble a G rail, the fit was so tight that I had to use a nylon mallet to set the rail.
    Yup. Grease, sometimes heat and sometimes a little tapping after the other two. I have not run across one that was loose.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My MK16 was super tight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I will echo the above. I have a 9.5" MK8, I had to push it on pretty forcibly. I had put a light coat of grease on the barrel nut and along the inside of the rail.

It still was quite tight after removing and installing a few times. I mist have installed and removed it 4 or so times. Rebuilt the upper with new barrel and between mock up, assembly, test firing, and then finally using locktite and pinning the gas block it had been on and off a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast