Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail and Barrel Nut Tightness?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I'm asking because I have heard that with some Geissele rails and barrel nuts the tolerances are loose.

Who did you heard this from? There are companies that pay people to trash talk and post lies about both persons and companies they don't like.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Who did you heard this from? There are companies that pay people to trash talk and post lies about both persons and companies they don't like.
    As if fanboys didn't talk enough trash, now we have them on the books too?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    As if fanboys didn't talk enough trash, now we have them on the books too?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Very, very much so.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think their good fit is as simple as this, “Slide the handguard onto the barrel nut. Be very careful when doing this as the clearance between the OD of the barrel nut and ID of the handguard is precisely machined to about 0.001” clearance.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The rail should slide on with some light taps from a rubber mallet or piece of wood.

I do not put any grease on any outer barrel nut surface that uses a slip over rail as this grease lowers the friction between the ID of the rail and barrel nut, which causes the rail to squirm, causing zero shift issues.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Which of the Geissele rails has a tight lock up with the barrel nut before it is mounted in place? I'm asking because I have heard that with some Geissele rails and barrel nuts the tolerances are loose. Also which rails should I stay away from if I'm worried about the tightness. I would prefer answers from personal experience.
    What's your source of this information?

Personal experience: I own three Geissele rails, and have probably mounted another 7 or 8 for other people. None have ever been loose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I read what I believe is something that someone posted in a large post on this site, regarding Geissele having tolerance issues with certain rail models.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd love to see a link.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...es-Mega-Thread

I assumed that the OP was referencing this thread, which seemed to mostly concern the MK16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...a-Thread/page3

On page three and four comments are made about barrel nuts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast