Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geissele Rail and Barrel Nut Tightness?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not responsive to the thread title.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-19-20 at 16:36.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...a-Thread/page3

On page three and four comments are made about barrel nuts.
    Excellent, thanks for the links, I appreciate you taking the time to dig them out. Please take the rest of this post as an explanation, not any sort of attack, sarcasm, personal snootiness, or general asshattery. It's definitely not meant to be that.

What I see there are two different posters in a locked thread. One has a link to some European blogger who frankly has no real qualifications, which he admits:

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/about/

And that guy is referencing BCM rails in his blog, NOT Geissele.

The other poster doesn't like Geissele, but does like UTG optic mounts. That makes me scratch my head. Somebody doesn't like American precision-machined products, but likes imported Chinese crap made by slave labor...... We really need a head-scratching smiley. He reports a damaged rail after he installed accessories on it. That is the purpose of a rail, no doubt. I am curious if he contacted the maker of the rail and offered to send it in for examination. I sure would have.

And that thread should have been locked long before Mark locked it, that's our fault as mods. Mea culpa.

I'm all for a full and honest discussion - that's why this board exists. But I'm also for a careful examination of facts. It's only one of the reasons we press people on "Did you contact the vendor?"

Bill Geissele or his wife have never given me a dime. I've paid the price charged for everything I got for him, no free stuff. The overwhelming number of folks with direct personal experience in this and other threads say the rails work fine. That does sound like a recommendation.

Again, thanks for the links, I appreciate your help with this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123