Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Beretta M9

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I had to go open the pistol safe and count.

Three Vertecs, three 92FS models, a 96D converted from 40 to 9mm, three PX4 Compacts, a PX4 full-size, a PX4 full-size DAO, a PX4 Sub-Compact, and a Beretta 21A and Beretta 70 in 22.

Not one 80-series! Big hole in your collection!

Get an FS 80-series. Frame-mounted decocker / safety. They are very firm. I've never engaged the safety accidentally. If I did I wouldn't carry it. 26 - 28 oz loaded.

Allegheny Arms makes G10 slim grip panels and threaded barrels in .32 and .380.

Swap the barrel (drop-in) and mag in a 81 or 84 ( double stack) and you're shooting the other caliber. 82 and 85 (single stack) is just a barrel swap. Same recoil springs, extractors, and ejectors.

Of course I'm sure you know about the .22 87's and collectable 86.
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-21-20 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I had an 84 for a while overseas. 'Twas a handy little beast, and concealed very well. I have thought about snagging one just for nostalgia's sake. But the .380 Gold Dots or HST's are not nearly as fun as their larger brethren in 9mm, so I lean heavily towards the more-efficient gun.

I do agree with the comments about an out of box PX4. Frankly, I am not really a fan until they have either a bunch of LTT parts, or have gone to Arizona for the full spa treatment. One thing I do like about them, is you can disassemble the safety and remove one ball bearing, and turn them into a G decocker model. Like all Beretta's, you need to use two mules and an ape to remove the sights.

I really do like a polymer hammer-fired DA/SA gun for AIWB. A PX4 Compact that has been tuned fits that niche well.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    This is about 1/2 to 2/3 of my Beretta pistols.

With the exception of the 9000 series, all run great.

92/M9 series specific, and this includes high volume unit training over years-
    The only cracked frames I ever saw were damage from a broken locking block.

And this handful of times was only with first gen locking blocks. On guns I think never had new recoil springs despite being five or ten times past the round count they should have.

Nice!

It's funny, I never really sought a "Beretta collection". I just ended up with a Vertec two years ago when a buddy wanted to sell it cheap, and it happened to have a set of LTT thin grips. That started me down the rabbit hole. It eventually replaced the Gen2 G19 I had carried for 20 years.

I'll still keep all the Glocks, 'cause I don't sell shit anymore.

Feedback Score
    I only had one. A 92FS I bought in 1991.

After an injury, surgery, reinjury,
    More casts,
    I took an interest in a heavy minor 9mm again.
    My son wanted to start competing and getting training.

I grabbed a used INOX 92FS so we had matching kit.

Then nine years of trying nicer models, never letting a cheap used one pass,
    And a lot more disposable income with a civy job after retiring from the military,
    And I ended up with a ton of Berettas.

The PX4s were just to try out. Same with the 9000s.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123