Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A5 Receiver Extension Comparison Photos

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I bought my two directly from Magpul back in December 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    (snip) The tube I have are super smooth inside but these are the latest runs that I bought directly from magpul several months ago. There could be older versions floating around too.
    Similar to titsonritz, I bought my Magpul extension directly from Magpul shortly before I posted the photos (early 2020). It's not "oil or photo artifact", it's roughly finished metal. Like I stated in the original post; don't know what effect, if any, that might have on function.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_f View Post
    Similar to titsonritz, I bought my Magpul extension directly from Magpul shortly before I posted the photos (early 2020). It's not "oil or photo artifact", it's roughly finished metal. Like I stated in the original post; don't know what effect, if any, that might have on function.
    I’d contact magpul. I doubt they’d be ok with that.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    I know Will Larson was always a big fan of the receiver extensions used by Colt because they specifically ordered them with that dry film lubricant. He said it makes a difference with longevity and wear.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had no idea the differences, I thought they were perfect exact copies, very interesting. Well done. I know from my AR10's you need the 7 position vs the 5 position ones.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Still waiting for the BCM A5 REs to come back into stock for a new build.

I had originally paired them with Magpul ACS butt stocks, but is there something a little more light weight that works well with the A5 REs?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The BCM stock is very light. I recently switched from a VLTOR stock for weight reasons. Works nicely.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    The BCM stock is very light. I recently switched from a VLTOR stock for weight reasons. Works nicely.
    The BCM Mod 0, B5 Bravo and Magpul MOE SL are my preferred stock, they are all solid, compact, light weight, have a reverse angle on the butt and multiple ambi sling mounting option . The BCM is the lightest of the three by just over an ounce.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have the weights of all three handy?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Great comparison photos. I have always used the 5 possition ones from Vltor.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I had no idea the differences, I thought they were perfect exact copies, very interesting. Well done. I know from my AR10's you need the 7 position vs the 5 position ones.

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Great comparison photos. I have always used the 5 possition ones from Vltor.
    The 5 position ones are milspec carbine RE, Vltor A5 RE are 6 and 7 position.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast